Skip to main content

Congrats and thank you Menards for finally filling a void in the "O" gauge/scale market.  Like so many other members have already stated above, I've been waiting for 1:48 scale vehicles, especially from the 1950's-60's-era.  

The possibilities seem endless...but selfishly, I'm hoping for box trucks, flat-bed & stake-body trucks, dump trucks (including coal delivery dumps), garbage trucks, semi-tractors, pick-ups, etc.

A series of realistic 1:48 scale railroad work trucks (including some equipped with "high-rail" wheels, even if they're non-functional) would also be great!

Finally, how about offering some future releases undecorated so we can paint & letter them ourselves?

I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes!!

rrman posted:
rrman posted:

Looks great and would fit into my layout.....but with that Menards logo I can't use it as Menards wasn't around in my 1940-50 era.  Now if logo was easily removable I would buy several and repaint

Yup, never satisfied , am I?

I would appreciate feedback if someone gets this truck and determines the logo is removable by peeling off or soaking with GooGone or similar.

Thanks

If it is that important, go to your local store and open a box and see it you can peel it off with your fingernail.  Or do like me, buy it and if it don't work give it to a grandson.   $17.99????

I have looked at some of their 1:48 offers in the store and question if they are true scale. The ones I looked at that said 1:48, seemed large closer to 1:43rd. They list both so best to look first. With traditional Lionel I would rather have 1:50th diecast.  The Menards Mack truck I got is real good to scale and nice. Sold as 1:48th so best if you can look first.

http://www.menards.com/main/ho...;bargainStoreId=3215

Last edited by KRM

Hi Guys

Someone above mentioned that S&H, and upfront costs were added on to individual cars if ordered in multiple units . I did not find this to be correct on my order.  We ordered 3 units and the total charge on my credit card  was $68.43.  (Yes, I did go to my bank on line and checked my charge card statement).  Didn't get the 11% but I'm in SC.  Came to $22.81 each and that ain't too bad.  As AMC Dave mentioned, I'll be buying them at Wally World in a few years.  I will wait and enjoy now.

Best regards

Tommy 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.