Skip to main content

Reply By gunrunnerjohn: 022 switch tracksGunrunnerjohn:
Thanks for all your help in rerofitting the 022 switch tracks.I will keep all your suggestions in mind. mike1
----- Original Message -----
To: mike1
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:39 AM
Subject: Reply By gunrunnerjohn: 022 switch tracks
Reply By Yardmaster: 022 switch tracksYardmaster:
Can you tell me when the change over occurred by Lionel to eliminate the sliding contacts to the micro snap switches? Also, do you know the part numbers of any of any of the parts of the 5165 switches? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks, mike1
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:37 PM
Subject: Reply By Yardmaster: 022 switch tracks

Mike, Lionel must have just switched over in the past year or so.

I was going through some switches I had just bought, and was cleaning them up, when I noticed they are installing LED's instead of light bulbs in the switch controller and also in the switch motor. Then I noticed the micro switches in the switch motors. Some of the 5165 / 5166 have the slide contacts and some have the LEDs.

Then while reading the forum, I came across your post regarding the micro switches.

If anyone is wondering, the LEDs are solder to circuit boards and mounted in the switch controllers and in the motors. These are not the LEDs that are made to replace the bulbs.

By the way, Lionels website still shows the switch motors with slide contacts!

Hope this helps.

Reply By Yardmaster: 022 switch tracksYardmaster:Thanks for your help.The 5165/5166 are 72in radius switches, right?I would assume that the baseof the switch motor assembly would be the same as that of 022 switches, right? We still have a long way to go to finalize any ideas on retro-fitting these switches.mike1
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2014 3:37 PM
Subject: Reply By Yardmaster: 022 switch tracks

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.