Skip to main content

rattler21 posted:

Mark,   Where is here?  Port of Entry?  Eau Claire?  In stores?     John

rattler21,

These will be in Eau Claire on 8/25 and ready for sale on our website. They will also be appearing in stores during the holiday season (while supplies last).

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Lee Herr posted: 

Good morning,

Are you taking preorders, can't do it on your website. Got to have one!

LEE

Hi Lee,

We want to make sure everything is up to our standards before we sell it. Thus, it is our policy not to presell before we physically have the item. Keep an eye on this thread and I will make sure you get one!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

The wait is finally over! The American Power & Light is back in stock!

What a sight to behold! Standing nearly 15’’ tall, the American Power & Light Building is a stunning addition to any O gauge train set! Specifically designed to overlap O gauge tracks with ease, this prelit and preassembled model offers a modest footprint so it doesn’t overwhelm your entire train display. Plus, the built-in tunnel adds plenty of play value. It even allows your train through to get to its next stop or just unload coal inside the building.

Not only is this building big in size, but it also sheds a lot of light on your train layout. Outfitted with over 20 brightly glowing LED lights, each side of the building is impressively illuminated from top to bottom and highlighted with a beautifully prelit “American Power & Light” sign. A transformer with two red LED lights, realistic-looking roof vents and eight authentic safety signs give the building an extra flourish. And, with the addition of a 4.5-volt AC adapter (sold separately, Menards SKU# 289-4005 or 279-4006), this building will blaze forth with unparalleled glory! SKU# 279-3388

Click here to shop now!

Check out this small footprint!
Plus, now through Saturday, September 10, 2016, buy any train item $19.99 or higher and get a FREE Flatcar with Military Van! While supplies last!

NO LIMIT! – Buy as many as you want!
Buy (1) Train Item*, Get (1) FREE Flatcars
Buy (10) Train Items*, Get (10) FREE Flatcars!
Buy (100) Train Items*, Get (100) FREE Flatcars!
*Limit one free flatcar per case of track or super set ordered.

In case you missed it, this week’s email is shown below. If you want to get these emails in your inbox, click here to sign up!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

A big Thank You to Menards for restocking the American Power and Light Building!  Like a dummy I was too slow ordering the first time around, and missed it.  A mistake I have not repeated.  I do, however, like the suggestions to include a coal tower to the model.  It would increase the footprint, but it would be a logical extension to the building, and make it look similar to the WE power plant in Pleasant Prairie,  Wisconsin. Anyway, I now have a future use for a lot of hopper cars on the layout!  Again, many thanks!   

Like trainman45 I too missed the first run. Via another thread I was reminded of this structure. Thanks to the ease of the menards web sight I am having it delivered to my store for pickup. Took all of 5 min. To order. Well done web sight Thanks mark. although with all the other great train items at my figertips via the menards web sight. My wallet will not let me go there for awhile. At least I will try to stay away.

I also waited too long the first time, but not on the second run. Recieved the model yesterday and am very happy with it. Thanks Menards, I now have a place for all my coal cars to go. But ... this creates a problem on the railroad. All of my tank cars are jealous because they have no place to go! So, since Menards is kinda like an O Gauge Santa Claus I don't feel bad writing my wish list letter to the North  

How about an oil/chemical refinery? You could do it in three parts for those who want small, medium or large. Lots of lights please! I am sure you would have a large percentage of the O Gauge community on their knees shedding tears of joy. While you are preplanning its production you can send out mulitple teasers, and thereby control our amount of sleep, and induce anxiety, impatience and yes .... even a wee bit of grouchiness while we wait for the release. Such power has never been known among mortal man!

Anyhow, it seems like a good busimess decision to me. Just sayin.

I would echo Glenn's wish list for an oil/chemical facility.  Great idea to make it in 3 pieces making it suitable for large and small layouts and varying budgets.  That would be a perfect place for tankers.

I got the Power and Light building on the first offering.  I had  gotten used to being very pleasently surprised at anything I bought from Mennard's. Considering the cost.   When I took the building out of the box it was definitely a wow moment.  Between the size of it and the amount of lighting it has it is impressive.

It would be fantastic if Mennard's came out with an oil/chemical facility the size and detail of the Power building.  I have the perfect place to put it if they do.

Ed

I appreciate all of the comments by Gilly@NW, Ed Walsh, Glenn Hammons, Jim Pastorius, Lionelzw, and Mark Boyce.  Frankly I like the idea of an oil refinery in sections that could be worked in for anything from a small to a large facility.  It would be another terrific industry for any layout and particularly modular layouts.  With cracking towers and industrial lighting, imagine what could be done with the LED's Menards uses so effectively on their models!  However, in much the same way, a lot full of transformers with control lights and nighttime lighting could be added to the American Power and Light facility.  Also, and Menards has yet to conquer this illusion, a cooling/condensing tower could be added to the Power Plant with smoke or water vapor to give the illusion of water evaporating from the cooling plant.  Just a suggestion. 

Mark from Menards:  Got your ears on??????????

trainman45 posted:

in much the same way, a lot full of transformers with control lights and nighttime lighting could be added to the American Power and Light facility....

For my new corner scenery I have both Menards Power & Light buildings. In addition, I am using a Walthers HO Substation, MTH Hi Tension Tower & Power Station Building, Korber Grain Silos (Coal Bunker), Lionel Unloading Shed, Sanding Tower (Fly Ash Silo) and Yard Light Tower. Lots of lights and buildings. Maybe 70% accurate at best.  Should be interesting for the general public.

hokie71 posted:

Let's see some pictures of these on the layout!

Well, if I wasn't working my 5th Holiday this year, I'd be at home working on it. I have been taking pictures and will start posting updates soon.

The substation may or may not make it, space depending. I forgot to mention that I also have Homie Clowns to staff my scenery. The clowns are a tongue-in-cheek nod to our standard "OK, who turned the Clowns loose! " @ work.

It WILL be ready for our club's next display at the Science Museum of Richmond on 11/25-27. FWIW, for any familiar with River City 3 Railers modular layout this replaces my water/tugboat scene.

Last edited by Gilly@N&W

I took delivery of my power plant yesterday, a holiday, from the Menards in West Bend, Wisconsin.  Working on a holiday, wow!  I plugged it in this morning, and what an impression it makes!  Another wow!  One question, though, is the sign American Power and Light supposed to be animated?  Mine is not and that is fine, I just need to know if it is supposed to be. 

trainman45,

I'm very sorry, but there were some misunderstandings along the line on the second production run. The sign is simply an on-off switch, not multi-functional.

I do want to mention that this run is selling out very quickly and I don't want anyone to be disappointed.

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.