Skip to main content

Mike Miller posted:

Neal, can you be more specific on the male female screw terminal adapters you reference ?  I searched Ebay and there are several  types.  Can you please recommend the correct ones to use. 

Thanks, Mike

Mike;

This is what I purchased from ebay and they work great.  Just be sure to keep your wires positive to positive and negative to negative on the adapters.

Neal Jeter 

10-Pcs-3528-5050-LED-Strip-Light-DC-Power-Female-Male-Plug-Adapter-Connector

adapter

Attachments

Images (1)
  • adapter
Last edited by Lionlman

I picked up my Salt building, a few die cast automobiles, and two freight cars at the Warren Ohio store today.  I have not had time to open up the Mortons building yet.  I must say Menards is a great store!  All employees are pleasant, courteous, and helpful.  No wonder the parking lot was packed full and the store packed as well.  Even with that, the employees were effecient and maintained top class service.   I cannot wait until Cleveland (hopefully) gets a Menards.  Till then its worth the one hour drive to Warren for quality not found anywhere else.  

VistaDomeScott posted:

Well, as it seems to go, after I brag about a product or service, almost immediately something goes sour.  My Mortons Salt Hopper has a sloping number on one side of the car.  The Viet Nam factory had an off day on my car.  20170326_022356

Another factory error ! It will be worth millions some day.....in a million days...Lol

cabinet Bob posted:
VistaDomeScott posted:

Well, as it seems to go, after I brag about a product or service, almost immediately something goes sour.  My Mortons Salt Hopper has a sloping number on one side of the car.  The Viet Nam factory had an off day on my car.  20170326_022356

Another factory error ! It will be worth millions some day.....in a million days...Lol

Tell you what,  I'll give you 500 for it, no questions asked.monopoly_money_500

Attachments

Images (1)
  • monopoly_money_500
Jim R. posted:
franktrain posted:

IF Menards ever built a brewery I would vote for a copy of the Old Style brewery in LaCrosse, WI. with its famous six pack storage tanks. Today it's painted as LaCrosse beer but either one would be awesome

franktrain

WILACsixpack_3447WILACsixpack_9163

Use to drive by them all the time on my way from Winona to train shows at the La Crosse Center in the 1980s. Quite a sight!

All the more reason for a BREWERY.

Would love a brewery, especially as you guys describe.  No possible way to fit one though.

Have my Morton's building and hoppers coming next week to Connecticut.  So cool, it's hard to wait for them.  Trying my third hobby shop, also in the mail.  If those signs don't work this time, I'll quit on the thing. 

On with Menard's.  I remain, running...out...of...room.

Jerry

My third Menard's hobby shop showed up today.  Put my new 4.5 volt adapter that was suggested by the guys in another post, the signs work perfectly.  This is a really cool building with a small footprint.  The signs and lights are great.  Beside the time involved in shipping the first two back, the major pain was removing 30 staples (3 shops X 10) from the clear plastic container that the shop is housed in.  I don't like to tear them apart cuz you never know when they'll be needed, at least twice in my case.

Now, waiting on my Morton building and hoppers, and Mark from Menard's, bring back the tape, get rid of the staples, please.  Hope there aren't many in the Morton container.

Jerry

JerryG posted:

My third Menard's hobby shop showed up today.  Put my new 4.5 volt adapter that was suggested by the guys in another post, the signs work perfectly.  This is a really cool building with a small footprint.  The signs and lights are great.  Beside the time involved in shipping the first two back, the major pain was removing 30 staples (3 shops X 10) from the clear plastic container that the shop is housed in.  I don't like to tear them apart cuz you never know when they'll be needed, at least twice in my case.

Now, waiting on my Morton building and hoppers, and Mark from Menard's, bring back the tape, get rid of the staples, please.  Hope there aren't many in the Morton container.

Jerry

no staples this time !!  A very well packed item and thought out .

Just came back from my second trip to Menards. Yesterday I was close by at a train show but the pallets had not been opened up yet so I went back today. I could not even wait to get it down to the new layout. The packaging made it very easy to get it out of the carton. No staples. Put it on the stove top ( made sure the burners were off first ) LOL and lit it up............"WOW" I am totally impressed with the building. This is not just a grand slam this is a grand slam out of the solar system. I think the building is fine as is. It's so well lit you need sunglasses. A  well done job. Hats of to Mark and the development team including Cabinet Bob. If this is any inclination as to what is coming down the road I may have to be laying in bed instead of sitting in a chair when these announcements are made....Paul

Got my salt factory the other day. Very, very nice. I can tell it is very, very fragile. It is NOT plastic. I accidentally loosened one of the "boxes" on the roof that has the red beacons on it. A little glue fixed it but...be careful. The base and structure overall appears to be card stock or similar. 

Regardless, what a cool building once plugged in. Once Ross gets me the proper switch, which may be a few weeks while the build more, the salt factory will get the Rail Service it needs!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.