Skip to main content

i guess mine is NOT COMING SOON!!

Good morning Mr. Nelson,

Thank you for your order for the TSM models.  Unfortunately the date we received from the supplier was incorrect, he has informed us that it could be somewhere in the middle of the summer before we receive this model.  I can certainly keep your order on file and ship as soon as it arrives. I will keep you updated as to any new dates I receive from the supplier.

Sincerely,

Jan Pasteiner

Yeah I got the same letter yesterday, and replied I'd be patient, that it wasn't like I would get it any quicker from anyone else.  

I guess diecast vehicle manufacturers have the same problems with slipping shipping schedules as Lionel, MTH, no doubt for the same basic reasons.  

EDIT: And by the way, I was impressed with the personal e-mail sent to me by Pasteiner.  A class act, that company.

Last edited by Lee Willis

Iola Old Car Show - The GM Futurliner Restoration Project

<cite class="_Rm">www.futurliner.com/iola2.htm</cite>

Large crowds crowded around the Futurliner and long lines of people waited to climb up into the cab (the count was over 2,600). It was a popular attraction and ...
Originally Posted by Nairb Rekab:

• S.S. Badger to Iola, WI - The GM Futurliner Restoration Project

<cite class="_Rm">www.futurliner.com/ssbadger.htm</cite>

Jul 7, 2006 - The Futurliner is to be featured at the Iola Old Car Show in Iola, WI, July 7-9, 2006. To get it there from Michigan, the best route was straight

For a railroad connection, the SS Badger was built by the C&O as an ice-breaking rail and auto ferry in 1953.  It is still powered by steam reciprocating engines (coal fired).  The passenger cabins are very similar to sleeper cars of that era and have some of the same fixtures.  It still crosses Lake Michigan from May through October on a four hour trip.

I placed an order for the "Out of the Muddle Pat II" Futurliner through Diecast Direct this morning.  One of the reasons that I ordered through Diecast Direct is that the don't charge you credit card on pre-orders until the item is shipped.

From the futurliner.com website:

"The exhibit consists of two displays on 16-foot-wide side panels, one on each side of Futurliner where they can be viewed by crowds outside the vehicle. The displays operate simultaneously.
            Model communities in the exhibit contain more than 1,000 buildings," an estimated 1,500 plastic cars and trucks from one to two inches long, scores of trees and other fixtures.
            A complicated electrical system with 25 electric motors -- powered by a unit in the Futurliner itself when no outside power source is available -- operates the displays, automatically causing the cars and trucks to move, buildings to appear and disappear and traffic lights to flash.
            Recorded commentaries synchronized with the action explain what is happening.
            The display on one side of the Futurliner is called "Out of the Muddle -- Part I," and portrays the traffic congestion in a suburban community, its causes and suggested remedies. Part of this community is turned "upside down" by panels that revolve to show how express by-pass highways, planned community developments and other improvements can solve traffic problems.
            On the other side of the Futurliner, "Out of the Muddle -- Part II," offers a similar portrayal of traffic problems and solutions in a modern city, plus a cross-section of a "dream" city of the future in which underground thoroughfares and other improvements have all but eliminated most serious traffic problems."

Close-up of the Out of the Muddle Part II exhibit:

out of the muddle

Jim

Attachments

Images (1)
  • out of the muddle
Originally Posted by jd-train:

I think they would look great around 1:43 autos.  I would just keep them away from 1:50 scale vehicles, like Corgi buses and trucks.

Jim

Were they that big?  I know they were tall, but they were supposed to be.  They weren't as long as some buses, I think, so i imagine they will fit in, to the extent they should -- after all . . . they were made to stand out!

Originally Posted by Lee Willis:

I think they would look great around 1:43 autos.  I would just keep them away from 1:50 scale vehicles, like Corgi buses and trucks.

Jim

Were they that big?  I know they were tall, but they were supposed to be.  They weren't as long as some buses, I think, so i imagine they will fit in, to the extent they should -- after all . . . they were made to stand out!

I'm sure Veranda will be there when it arrives in town. Movie Newsreel people will be filming the arrival.

The display on one side of the Futurliner is called "Out of the Muddle -- Part I," and portrays the traffic congestion in a suburban community, its causes and suggested remedies. Part of this community is turned "upside down" by panels that revolve to show how express by-pass highways, planned community developments and other improvements can solve traffic problems.
            On the other side of the Futurliner, "Out of the Muddle -- Part II," offers a similar portrayal of traffic problems and solutions in a modern city, plus a cross-section of a "dream" city of the future in which underground thoroughfares and other improvements have all but eliminated most serious traffic problems."

Dream on!!!    

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.