Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Looks good...I got in a couple of those, did not think to do that with one...which looks like a good idea for my modeled rural (remote?) area...the other I hope I can put on rails as a powered railbus....(I think I read that Henry provided the dies that allowed the prototypes to be made, and, certainly in this scale, they are indistinguishable from Ford Model A's and AA's)

The Russian models are offered every day on the Bay, in the 1/43rd "car and truck" category...although most of their vehicles were a surprise to me, since before the wall came down, I thought they were getting around in troikas (except for leadership riding around in Packard and Cadillac copy ZIS's and ZIL's)  They list them under the Brookin category, too.  The Model A copy is the only thing I have seen I can use, although I have studied some of the trucks hard.  There are other "Model A" body styles offered, such as sedans.  With international relations deteriorated, I was a little leery of getting them.  They list some models, such as from the thirties, under U.S. make descriptions.   If you know the prototypes, unlike the Model A's, most, excepting the ZIS and ZIL  I have seen, are not identical to U.S. autos.

After we tour the ROW of the LV and the Lackawanna through Swoyersville and once again in our mind's eye see the LV coal drag bringing in the hoppers to the Harry E., and the late morning mixed with reefers for ACME, and watch the Lackawanna F's coming up from Northumberland and the RS's doing the local tricks we'll take the bus down to Sabatini's or Victory Pig for some of the best pizza ever.........  

NEPA posted:

After we tour the ROW of the LV and the Lackawanna through Swoyersville and once again in our mind's eye see the LV coal drag bringing in the hoppers to the Harry E., and the late morning mixed with reefers for ACME, and watch the Lackawanna F's coming up from Northumberland and the RS's doing the local tricks we'll take the bus down to Sabatini's or Victory Pig for some of the best pizza ever.........  

I can remember going on the road with my dad in the 1970's and watching boxcars being unloaded at the Acme warehouse/bakery in Forty Fort. 

Wow, I had no idea there were that many of us here on the Forum with ties to the Wyoming Valley and NEPA!  I grew up in Hanover Township, and dated a girl from Swoyersville during my high school years.

And nice job on the school bus and the Victory Pig, John!  I will be building my first decent-sized layout in the near future and plan to incorporate plenty of scenes and references to the "Valley".

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.