Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Wow good news. I guess I can build a kit if I ever find one. Now to locate a delivery truck for home type use. etc.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by rattler21:

Jeff,

Revell made a Mobilgas semi 1:48 scale.  Tandem multi-compartment trailer with a single axle White tilt cab tractor, circa 1950s.  Generally, red with silver trim.  Kits show up on auction sites.

John

Revell Mobilgas semi

Wasn't this kit reissued about 20 years ago?   I was at a hobby shop in LaVale, MD, about that time, and saw a large quantity of these.  Originally Posted by rattler21:

Jeff,

Revell made a Mobilgas semi 1:48 scale.  Tandem multi-compartment trailer with a single axle White tilt cab tractor, circa 1950s.  Generally, red with silver trim.  Kits show up on auction sites.

John

Revell Mobilgas semi

My brother gave me the 1956 Ford pickup kit reissue about 20 years ago.  This kit is molded in a light blue plastic.  The box art is the same as the original 1950s issue.  The kit comes with a motorcycle, police officer, truck driver, plastering tools, and decals.  The motorcycle, I'm guessing, is a Harley Davidson, and is very well detailed.  My guess is the the kit is scalled at 1/48. 

I also have a built up original 1956 Ford pickup I bought at a now closed train shop many years ago.  I found a  White tanker,a Chevrolet stakebed, and a Kenworth tractor trailer at a car show/flea market many years ago.  All were built-up.  I cleaned them up and repainted them as best I could.  The stakebed especially was a glue bomb. 

Here is the Corgi Mobil tanker. It is a Mack LJ. The packaging does not specify the scale but it fits in nicely with my other 0 scale trucks. I'm guessing 1/48 or 1/50. It's about 7-8 inches long. The package calls it a Corgi Die-Cast Collectible. You can see that it is steam era.

Unfortunately it may be difficult and expensive to find one like it. I got mine at a train show ten or more years ago for 30 bucks or so, but there's a recent sale on eBay for $115. I'm glad I got mine when I did. You still may be able to find one for a reasonable price at a train or toy show. 

Mobil Tanker 1.jpg

Mobil Truck in Package

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Mobil Tanker 1.jpg
  • Mobil Truck in Package
Wow thanks a lot for taking those pictures. This would be a really neat model to find!!! I will have to start looking for one. Do you have any further info or item number from the box?? Thanks a bunch.

Jeff

Originally Posted by Southwest Hiawatha:

Here is the Corgi Mobil tanker. It is a Mack LJ. The packaging does not specify the scale but it fits in nicely with my other 0 scale trucks. I'm guessing 1/48 or 1/50. It's about 7-8 inches long. The package calls it a Corgi Die-Cast Collectible. You can see that it is steam era.

Unfortunately it may be difficult and expensive to find one like it. I got mine at a train show ten or more years ago for 30 bucks or so, but there's a recent sale on eBay for $115. I'm glad I got mine when I did. You still may be able to find one for a reasonable price at a train or toy show. 

Mobil Tanker 1.jpg

Mobil Truck in Package

Hi All:  So does anyone out there have one of these trucks for sale?? I have to start looking and the Forum is one place to try.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Jeff B. Haertlein:

Jeff

Originally Posted by Southwest Hiawatha:

Mobil Tanker 1.jpg

Mobil Truck in Package

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.