Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Just to clear up a few questions

We are thinking about coming out with a milled aluminum flat car body with articulated hi-rail trucks. Initially this will be a blank body meant to be up graded with your own finishing touches - bracing, wooden bed, stirrups, brake wheels, decals, etc.. This is more for the craftsman than the RTR operator.

Now what do you all think.

Dave, LBR

Last edited by CUSTOM "O" DECALS

Yes.

The price needs to be, um, comfortable. You are talking about a kit, somewhat - for which

we would need to supply some of the parts. 

So - I don't expect it to be MPC-plastic cheap, but the price needs to make sense, in both directions.

However, at least in principle, you had me at "milled aluminum...body".

Flat cars can be broad-era appropriate, so how about offering both modern, roller-bearing trucks, and earlier "steam-era" plain-bearing versions (which I would prefer), unless your car is to be a strictly modern design.

Originally Posted by CUSTOM "O" DECALS:

Just to clear up a few questions

We are thinking about coming out with a milled aluminum flat car body with articulated hi-rail trucks. Initially this will be a blank body meant to be up graded with your own finishing touches - bracing, wooden bed, stirrups, brake wheels, decals, etc.. This is more for the craftsman than the RTR operator.

Now what do you all think.

Dave, LBR

With car bolsters to accept 2-rail trucks, or the ability to add such, I might want one if only for the fun of finishing it out.

Would like to see some mock-ups of it, if at all possible.

Originally Posted by Chris Lonero:

Dave. Any more talk of development of this proposed car? 

Chris,

Doesn't look like there is enough interest in one to press on any further. Although, we may make two or three just to see if it can be accomplished.

Dave, LBR

If you do, please post them up here and maybe that will drum up adequate interest.

Our machinist has been talking to me about milling the car it's self out of aluminum just to see if it can be accomplished . So as you can see this would be an all metal unit that would track just great. The weight of the car would lessen the unit derailing capabilities.

Dave, LBR  

I would be interested in an aluminum transport plate to fit in the mth Schnabel car in lieu of the transformer it comes with. This way you could make your own load for it.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.