Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

… and there is a third train, a floor pull locomotive and tender, under the tree; the locomotive is mostly hidden behind the Secretary's leg, and the tender is just to the right of the kid with the massive trolley.  

Secretary Davis has bumped the track with his left heel, causing the loop to pull apart by the switch.  He appears to have his hands full.

Nice photo.  Shorpy's always has great stuff.

A much simpler time and era!  

I should be getting my Father-in-Laws 1918 Lionel 33 back from the shop soon, it has been in the family since he got it that Christmas, but never ran since my wife was alive. I found a retired Lionel tech who specializes in these motors and having it rebuilt for use around the tree for Christmas and the grandkids.

It is a complete set, down to track, rheostat transformer, 2 Passenger cars, and 3 freight cars including the animals for the cattle car, and wood blocks for the boxcar. I was amazed when she unpacked it a few years ago, at how well preserved it was after sitting in boxes since the depression started.

IMG_2260[1]

IMG_2261[1]

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_2260[1]
  • IMG_2261[1]
The red tender is like mine, minus the bends and rust. Hope they are not too valuable

Steve

Originally Posted by Jim O'C:

Cor Cor (Cochran)? The pullman has the same window configuration and one version of the tender looks close. The solid wheels lead me to believe these spoked wheels are an earlier version. Cor Cor began in 1925, but may have purchased the tinware elsewhere.

cor cor 3 car floor set 500.00 unsold

cor cor ride on set nette 4-27-13

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.