Skip to main content

I decided since Union Pacific added both these videos to there Website & YouTube page, that I would share them here since nobody has posted them this morning. The 1st video I saw the whole commercial on the TV the first time, not the internet. All I can tell you is, this is the best Train Commercial I vote for Number one for both of these and 2nd is with the Canadian Pacific Brother's commercial from 2011 for Christmas.

Bonus: CP Commercial From 2011

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It's just great that UP and NS are putting railroading in front of the public with creative advertising.  CSX and BNSF - what's your function? 

For really patriotic railroad advertising check out the full page weekly PRR ads in Life magazine during WWII.  At the base of each ad they listed the number of former PRR employees serving on active duty and the count of those making the ultimate sacrifice.  Both counts rose rapidly to large numbers.

Ed Rappe

Last edited by Keystoned Ed
Originally Posted by Apple & Spud Line:

The UP ads are shot in and around the Columbia River Gorge and Mt. Hood in Oregon.  Its a nice ad campaign.  I like the Norfolk Southern ads too. 

UP has come a long way...

I kind of thought that was the Columbia River area, was up there a week ago, a lot of train action for both UP and BNSF along the river

And some of those hairstyles/wigs in that 1970's commercial are PAINFUL

Originally Posted by Chugman:

Love all three ads!  I'm a flag waver and they really appeal to me.

Art

On that note, my first reaction when I saw the engines in the ad  was "Wow they actually found a unit where the flag wasn't peeling, covered in soot or half missing".

If the UP is going to run the flags, they do need to make an effort to ensure they look decent or when damaged the decal is removed until it can be replaced.

Originally Posted by cbojanower:
Originally Posted by Apple & Spud Line:

The UP ads are shot in and around the Columbia River Gorge and Mt. Hood in Oregon.  Its a nice ad campaign.  I like the Norfolk Southern ads too. 

UP has come a long way...

I kind of thought that was the Columbia River area, was up there a week ago, a lot of train action for both UP and BNSF along the river

And some of those hairstyles/wigs in that 1970's commercial are PAINFUL

Yeah its a busy train corridor for BNSF and UP.  If you drive both east and west on both sides of the Columbia River (Oregon I-84 and Washington SR-14) you get four different views and perspectives of the scenery and railroads (up close and personal).  The Washington side is more scenic and slower paced with lots of turnouts to stop and take pictures or enjoy the view (and there are wineries).  Besides the California coast, my most epic drives have been through that area on a summer evening with a fat stogie. 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.