Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Nighttrain:

A Relative Easy project, forming the 2-Rail pick-up is probably the hardest or most complicated part. If you have any questions or there is anything I can do to assist, my e-mail is in my profile. Drop me a line, Best Regards - Gene.

I read your column and yet, I didn't realize this was you, here!

Any body have any K-line 2 rail trucks or axles for sale?

Last edited by Engineer-Joe

Joe check "the Bay", I think that was where I found the K-Line 2-Rail Wheel sets that I used. Any set for passenger truck conversion being 36" wheels will work or you might check NWSL to see what they have to fit the K-Line 3-Rail axles, I think they may be the same diameter as the 2-Rail axles. Oh and do as I say not as I did, if you plan on adding passengers, while you have the cars disassembled would be the perfect time. Gene  

Talked with my friend today. He had NWSL replace the wheels with 36" scale wheels, but he's been searching for appropriate plastic disc brakes rather than the "wheel covers" K-Line used for brake discs on the 3-rail trucks. Ironically, MTH did a very nice job with the brake discs on their Bombardier cars but the trucks aren't quite the right size for use on the K-Line, plus they're not available separately anyway.

By the way, the article on the conversion was excellent.

Last edited by AGHRMatt
Originally Posted by Engineer-Joe:

I forgot that MTH had made these cars. I never saw them???

http://mthtrains.com/search/Bombardier

Scott probably showed them and I thought they were K-line!

I have a set of these with Kadees installed (except for one car that couples to the locomotive). I got a set of K-Line cars because they were a full 21" long; the MTH cars are only 18" and although compressed nicely, weren't that much longer than the F59PHi locomotive. I hadn't really thought about them until you mentioned this. They look better than the K-Line 18" cars.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.