Skip to main content

Originally Posted by suzukovich:
Originally Posted by Passenger Train Collector:

Got to get our dog Cody into the Christmas layout act. He had surgery three weeks ago and had a hard time with the many stitches he received. On Thursday, thank goodness they all come out. Anyway, for us he is as much of the Christmas season as our North Pole layout pictured with him.

cody2

Brian

I am glad she is better. In mine case a kitchen counter still doesn't stop mine especially if they think there is food up there. Our cat would just knock things off.

Angle, My German Shepard and Joey ( My wife's dog) with my youngest 

1-DSCF1920

And the trouble maker Tiger My middle daughter's cat.

1-DSCF1544

It's because of these guys,  we call the one on the bottom loop the Christmas Treat Train...

TheodoreClance

ChristmasTreatTrain

Attachments

Images (2)
  • TheodoreClance
  • ChristmasTreatTrain
Originally Posted by Matthew B.:
Originally Posted by suzukovich:

Got to get our dog Cody into the Christmas layout act. He had surgery three weeks ago and had a hard time with the many stitches he received. On Thursday, thank goodness they all come out. Anyway, for us he is as much of the Christmas season as our North Pole layout pictured with him.

Brian

I am glad she is better. In mine case a kitchen counter still doesn't stop mine especially if they think there is food up there. Our cat would just knock things off.

Angle, My German Shepard and Joey ( My wife's dog) with my youngest 

And the trouble maker Tiger My middle daughter's cat.

It's because of these guys,  we call the one on the bottom loop the Christmas Treat Train...

ChristmasTreatTrain

Yes, The Christmas treat train!!  I love it.  Our dog would love it even more!!

Originally Posted by Pingman:
Originally Posted by emtp53:

This is the Paugh Family Winter Christmas Layout.  We started building the layout approximately two years ago and have been adding to it ever since.  The theme is a 1940's - early 1950's Christmas.  Enjoy!

You have succeeded beautifully in achieving your theme and displaying excellent modeling technique.  Congratulations to you and your family.

So, how did you do the snowy streets?

The streets are cut from hollow core found at Staples and just sprinkled with Woodland Scenic Snow. Then I just "drove" the cars up and down the streets.

I finally got back to this thread and spent the last hour or so looking at all of the wonderful pictures you guys have posted.  ALL of your efforts are greatly appreciated and help make this time of the year my favorite!  Thanks to each and every one of you for contributing to this thread and making our forum such a special place!

Alan

Originally Posted by leavingtracks:

This is my contribution....  No train layout under the tree but there are some trains in boxes!! 

Alan

Woodstone and Honeymoon 197

Alan,  I liked this one the best The stain glass windows and the arched roof with the tree.  Who cares if you don't have trains under it. It still says Christmas.

Ok I edited the photo. But I still like it.

1-Woodstone%2520and%2520Honeymoon%2520197

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1-Woodstone%2520and%2520Honeymoon%2520197

Seeing all the pet pictures on this thread made me have to take some pictures of our jumping and dancing poodle tonight.  In having a carpet layout, Isabel does not allow the trains to get in her way especially if she is in hurry to go out the back door to do her business!  It does not matter if they are running or standing still…if they are in the way, she will jump over them!  While taking the photos, she must have jumped over my Milwaukee Road 261 several times!   She also took instant likening to a couple of the forum members that I had over to my house in the past couple of weeks.  Ken

Dog1

Dog2

Attachments

Images (2)
  • Dog1
  • Dog2
Originally Posted by kjstrains:

A week from today will be Christmas!  A saw the little people today in my Christmas village enjoying this season!!  I took a different photo of the main street of my village through the boxcar doors of my Southern Crescent Limited Express Boxcar.  Ken

SouthBoxcar

Great picture Ken as Brian said it's an excellent perspective we don't normally get to see on the forum. So who took the shot, you or Isabel?

This photo is a candidate for a how to decorate a Christmas Tree feature. Beautiful job and a beautiful setting. For those of you who do not know this, Alan converted a former Episcopal Church for his home.

Woodstone and Honeymoon 200

Yes, that is an excellent looking tree and house.  Brian, thank you for pointing out that Alan converted a former Episcopal Church for his home.  Great job, Alan!!

My Chiropractor converted a Presbyterian Church into his office.  He did a fantastic job doing a lot of the work himself.  It is always neat sitting in his waiting room.

Originally Posted by bbsfdl60:

DSC_0041

DSC_0043

DSC_0044

DSC_0045

DSC_0046

DSC_0048

Here are some views of my Christmas Tree and Layout.  Also, my new polar express display.  I have one of each of the shows that were classics growing up, ( Peanuts Christmas, the Rankin Bass classics-Rudolph, Frosty and Santa Claus is coming to town) But I did not have the new classic represented.  Now I have one!

Very nice, I wish we had been able to show the S Polar Express at the Christmas displays that we set up

Ray

As for the layout, the engine's are both my late fathers.  The 2056 was given to him by my grandfather when my dad was born, and the Pennsy switcher he bought in the mid 70's when he  had his own home and put his layout up.  Since he got me on this path to railroading history I will always have them running.  Even now my kids both know them as Papa's trains and they are special.  The layout is basic, Plasticville and a lone Ideal diner with Matchbox cars.  Even though it is simple I can sit with some Christmas music on watch the trolley and the two trains make hundreds of loops.  I know I am not alone with getting nostalgic and sentimental when it comes to Christmas and trains

Model trains and Christmas trees perfect!

The best way to trim a tree and front room for the perfect Christmas display.

Great collection of ideas and layouts.

Here is my big set up for the Polar Express train event at our railway museum.

Lots of photos here;

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/t...ess-train-experience

IMG_5768[3]

IMG_5724[1]

pe7[1]

pe5[1]

Attachments

Images (4)
  • IMG_5768[3]
  • IMG_5724[1]
  • pe7[1]
  • pe5[1]
Last edited by kj356
Originally Posted by kj356:

Model trains and Christmas trees perfect!

The best way to trim a tree and front room for the perfect Christmas display.

Great collection of ideas and layouts.

Here is my big set up for the Polar Express train event at our railway museum.

Lots of photos here;

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/t...ess-train-experience

IMG_5768[3]

IMG_5724[1]

pe7[1]

pe5[1]

Amazing!  Thought the pictures with kids were vintage advertising prints at first.  Very idyllic

Originally Posted by jrmertz:

This is the Paugh Family Winter Christmas Layout.  We started building the layout approximately two years ago and have been adding to it ever since.  The theme is a 1940's - early 1950's Christmas.  Enjoy!

IMG_0036

IMG_0037

IMG_0040

IMG_0046

IMG_0038

IMG_0041

Very nice work!  Question, you Santa's Flyer engine, did you do something to make the 2 lower lamps light at the front of the engine or did it come out of the box that way? (best seen in the 2nd to last pic)

It came out of the box that way

Originally Posted by jrmertz:

IMG_0038

Very nice work!  Question, you Santa's Flyer engine, did you do something to make the 2 lower lamps light at the front of the engine or did it come out of the box that way? (best seen in the 2nd to last pic)

It came out of the box that way

emtp53, It is the same Hall engine that Lionel used for the Shakespeare Express

jrmertz: It looks real good.  I like how you put it all together.  Thanks for posting the pics.

Doug

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.