Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A couple of us from the club cobbled together a 6' x 10' table last night at my office and laid two loops of Fastrack. We hastily put down some 'snow' batten and fluffed it up a bit.

This morning at work I added some braces to the table, tacked on the skirting,  and placed the trains for static display.

We're scrounging around for a suitable transformer and will add the festive buildings and lights for the weekend.  Here's a couple of shots of the beginning.

IMG_1537

IMG_1539

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_1537
  • IMG_1539
Last edited by c.sam
That is correct...
The sleigh and reindeer are Department 56 North Pole Series #56.56111 "Sleigh & Eight Tiny Reindeer.  Issued in 1990 (retired).  The elves and reindeer are a multi-unit set from Department 56 North Pole Series #56.56436 "Reindeer Training Camp" from 1998 (retired).

All of the buildings, trees, vehicles, people, and accessories are from Department 56 (North Pole, Christmas in the City, Dickens Village, and Peanuts) that we have collected over the years.

Thanks for looking.

I believe the reindeer, sleigh, and Santa are from Department 56.

4 right

"The sleigh and reindeer are Department 56 North Pole Series #56.56111 "Sleigh & Eight Tiny Reindeer.  Issued in 1990 (retired).  The elves and reindeer are a multi-unit set from Department 56 North Pole Series #56.56436 "Reindeer Training Camp" from 1998 (retired).

All of the buildings, trees, vehicles, people, and accessories are from Department 56 (North Pole, Christmas in the City, Dickens Village, and Peanuts) that we have collected over the years."

We have a lot in common.
Originally Posted by dmestan:

Bryan, what did you use for the texture on your mountain backdrop? 

Don, the mountains are just white Styrofoam 2x8 sheets carved up with hot wire tools and dollar store razor knives. Then various flower spray paints from a craft store.  Flower paint doesn't melt the foam.  The base and hills in the other pictures are done the same way.  Bryan

Originally Posted by c.sam:

A couple of us from the club cobbled together a 6' x 10' table last night at my office and laid two loops of Fastrack. We hastily put down some 'snow' batten and fluffed it up a bit.

This morning at work I added some braces to the table, tacked on the skirting,  and placed the trains for static display.

We're scrounging around for a suitable transformer and will add the festive buildings and lights for the weekend.  Here's a couple of shots of the beginning.

IMG_1537

IMG_1539

That looks like a nice little town there Sam!

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.