Skip to main content

SantaFe158 posted:

Last year I bought a couple of Lemax lighting strings that have several of the lights with clips that can then be used for several buildings but with only one plug to deal with.

Jake, did you buy the sets that have the 6 LED lights on them? I know I can get multi-light sets with standard C7 bulbs or I can get C7 LED replacements bulbs for the lights I have, but I'd like to replace those 110v strings. It looks like they also have a power adapter to power 3 sets and I assume those are for the sets with 4 lights. This would give me 12 lights from one plug.

If you bought the LED sets, may I ask where? Amazon is out of stock and I haven't found another site that carries the light sets.

DoubleDAZ posted:
Jake, did you buy the sets that have the 6 LED lights on them? I know I can get multi-light sets with standard C7 bulbs or I can get C7 LED replacements bulbs for the lights I have, but I'd like to replace those 110v strings. It looks like they also have a power adapter to power 3 sets and I assume those are for the sets with 4 lights. This would give me 12 lights from one plug.

If you bought the LED sets, may I ask where? Amazon is out of stock and I haven't found another site that carries the light sets.

Hi Dave,

I bought the standard Lemax 110v multi bulb string with the c7 bulbs.  This year I replaced the bulbs with direct replacement LED bulbs I bought on eBay as a box of 25.  They still run on 110 volts

Last edited by SantaFe158

So your a train grip eh? Had I known of the position, I never would have left the trade, lol.

I haven't seen the inside since 80 or 81. I dropped off some extra magenta gel sheets for lights shipped to us by mistake. It looks a little different to say the least

Is there a carbon arc spot in the light booth? A Trooper maybe? I sure miss doing that. I had my card at 15; youngest in the country. The only "real" union I was ever in. It came down to "get the kid a card", or cancel the Christmas shows at the Lincoln Park High auditorium (rentable back then, best acoustics in the country for decades). I think someone "fudged" my application, I don't even think 15 was legal, lol. But a month later it didn't matter anymore.

I hope the N scale train is going to be painted to reflect the Detroit Zoo's railroad. (hint, hint, nudge ) .

Maybe an On30 Bob-Lo steamer one day too?

Talk about memory lane...MerryChristmas.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I'm in charge of the railroading department at the theater 

Much restoration/renovation work has been completed in the past 10 years, so I'm sure it looks very different to you.  The outer lobby still had a dropped ceiling and crappy wood paneling on the walls in the early 2000's when I first attended a show, and it has since been restored to pretty much original.

Up until several months ago we had the carbon arc spotlight up there, but it had to be put in storage so that we could have the room to install the new digital projector that was purchased this year.  Our carbon arc projectors are still the main projectors since we're kind of known for showing classic movies on film as they were meant to be.  Unfortunately it's been getting tougher to get movies on film, or good quality prints in recent years, so they finally broke down and bought a digital projector for situations that we can't get film.

SantaFe158 posted:

Well this was a very successful weekend at the theater.  We had over 600 people for a Saturday matinee showing of "The Polar Express" as well as over 1000 people for two evening showings of "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation."

There were several times you couldn't even see the layout from the back of the auditorium because of the crowds viewing it.  There were also several times I had to remain at the layout simply because I couldn't work through the crowd to get anywhere else   It definitely makes all the effort we put into this display worth it though.

IMG_9925

Congrats, looks fabulous!!!  Not sure we have any theaters around here playing those films, have to check and see. (Maybe you can get the organist to play "The Shoop, Shoop song" )

Like every year, I have begun the process of breaking down the layout for storage until the begining of the next one (only 8 months away...). This was probably one of the best years I've had in terms of reliability.  Our new wiring setup has served us well and I didn't have any of the issues with power drops that I've had in years past.  Other than normal cleaning and oiling maintenance, I never had to make any repairs to the layout.

IMG_0614IMG_0623IMG_0629

Attachments

Images (3)
  • IMG_0614
  • IMG_0623
  • IMG_0629

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.