Skip to main content

I recently downloaded (paid for) the new 2016 DCS Companion manual. I went to Staples to print it out and there apparently is a font issue. While printing, there are a bunch of small squares throughout the pages from page 19 all the way to the end. Staples tried 2 different printers with same results. I believe it's a font issue because when you view the manual on the computer screen, there are no squares/font issues. Anyone else experience this problem? I'm not a computer expert. I probably should have ordered the hard copy online. If this is an unfixable issue, can I get a refund in order to order the hard copy. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Ron Bogle

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ron, I'm sorry you are having this problem. We have sold hundreds of copies of this PDF file and this is the first I have heard of this. Staples may have tried two different printers, but this is not a printer problem. It is a computer/font problem. If it appears correct on the screen, the computer being used to print it has a font issue.

What happens when you try to print one of the problem pages at home?

Last edited by Rich Melvin

hi I recently tried to purchased the dcs companion efile on my thumb drive I paid for it and never was able to download  the version  and it doesn't at work, is there anyway you can help me or send me your phone number so you can prompt threw the transaction I paid on 5/19/2019 I called up Marty Fitzhenry and he suggest going threw you . please help me so I can get the full dcs companion e-file

I paid $14.95 and shows u[ on my bank statement!

Sincerely thanks

Alan Mancus

or email ,e with your phone number!

Rich was correct. Staples has a font issue with their computer. I took the file to another printer and he printed it with no problems. 

File is a PDF format so have you been able to successfully download other PDF files? Try downloading it to yourcomputers hard drive and then copy it to your thumb drive. I downloaded Ok.

Bogs

repair technician posted:

how come the web master wont respond to my eifile dcs download question?

Because the Webmaster has other things he likes to do on a weekend besides look at this forum.

When you say, "...never was able to download  the version  and it doesn't at work..."  what does that mean? That doesn't tell me anything.

Do you see an error message?  If so, what does it say? Specifically what happens? Or doesn't happen?

I tired but was unable to download it and what I thought was downloaded I was not able to access it . is there some way you can prompt me threw the download again the only problem is I already paid for it don't want to pay twice for the same thing. I have been trying to download the full version of dcs efile drive for a long time even asked Barry where  to download it with no success. hope you can help. I deleted the download. can you please help me. I did not have this much trouble updating mth sound files to my engines!

sincerely thanks

Alan Mancus

p.s. ill be back around 1000am if you can email me your phone number would be much easier!

thanks

Alan, I'm sorry but you are not telling me anything I can use to help you! By saying,"...I tired (sp) but was unable to download it and what I thought was downloaded I was not able to access it..."  you are not telling me anything at all.

In order to help you I need to know specifically what happens when you try to download the file. 

• Does the link in the email not work?
  • Does your password not work?
  • Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  • Where are you saving the file on your computer?
  • Does the file actually download and you just can't find it on your computer?

This is a pretty simple process, but without anything specific to go on, I can't help you.

can you email me your phone number and you can help me resolve it by telling me exactly how to download the efile and what program I need to view it. I deleted my download as I think it was only a 2k file . so I need to download the file again without paying twice ok!

thanks for any help you can provide

Alan

The OGR Office number is 800-980-OGRR (6477.) We're here from 9 am to 5pm EDT.

However, there is nothing to this. In the email you received when you placed your order, there is a link to click on to download the file. That's it. Click on the link and download the file. Done.

Don't worry...no matter how this works out, you will not have to pay for this twice.

I also have had an issue with having a printed version of the DCS Companion 3rd Edition done at Staples and Kinkos. Just returned from the 2nd FedEx/Kinkos store. Neither one of those could print it either. Small rectangular boxes show up randomly in place fonts. The last Kinkos Manager tried 2 different printers and 2 programs to print the file. Neither worked. 

I had no problem having the first 2 editions printed and bound. This file of the 3rd edition was downloaded 1/28/17. It prints fine on my printer at home. The last Kinkos manager said we have a "postscript error."

Any suggestions?? 

A great publication to have and extremely well done!! 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.