Skip to main content

The Badgerland S Gaugers have put of the info for the 2016 S Fest, including the MTH billboard reefer that will be available.  Maybe one of you more computer savvy guys can put up a picture of the cars. Best S gauge show around the Midwest. 

http://www.trainweb.org/bsg/events/sfest.htm

Ben 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've been toying with the idea of having a car produced for a local St. Louis beer brand but I'm not much of a gambler. With the need for permissions from brand owners (if still active or copyrighted) and the $$$ needed to have the ~250 minimum # of cars produced from MTH it's a pretty high hurdle to take a financial gamble that might fall flat on it's face.

Banjoflyer,  Why not suggest that the St Louis club use that as their next S Fest car, most of the Fest cars do quite well. Are you coming for the S Fest?

Ray

Last edited by Rayin"S"
banjoflyer posted:
Rusty Traque posted:

Natty Bo originated in Baltimore and may not carry the same feelings of nostalgia in the Midwest as it does out east. 

Rusty

Hi Rusty, yeah I know that those Natty Bo reefers had Eastern origins but it seems like the fever for them spread pretty wide as they still carry a premium on Ebay and the like.

SHS did produce a similar car and I have one of those just because  it was available:

The car I'd like to see is a beer car from a Belleville, IL brewer from many years ago.

Never noticed SHS did one.  Just goes to show how little attention I pay to billboard reefers. 

I went through my "reefer madness" period some years ago.  I sold most of them off, both billboards and railroad related.

Rusty

Three weeks after returning from O Scale West PLUS S in California, last week I mailed my registration for Fall S Fest in Wisconsin. Some people wonder why I ride Amtrak to train shows like S Fest when it takes two nights and parts of three days? The main reason is that I can bring along up to 200 pounds of merchandise for sale at no extra fare. That is two checked boxes and two carry-on bags, each at up to 50 pounds. I don't want to even know what an airline would charge for that amount of luggage.

Since I am not an American Flyer collector, my merchandise will consist mainly of American Models, S Scale America and S-Helper Service products, plus a few one-of-a-kind pieces such as a SouthWind brass Vanderbilt oil tender. I've also offered to give a clinic at S Fest on repainting and decaling S rolling stock for commercially-unavailable railroads. In my case I model circa-1980 Mexican railroads, but the audience may be more interested in Chicago Great Western or Green Bay and Western. 

This trip I will probably take the Empire Builder to and from LaCrosse and rent a car from there to Oconomowoc. That is not because of any desire to avoid Milwaukee, but based on the number of Amtrak Guest Reward points I expect to have at the time I book travel.

Gil Hulin

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.