Skip to main content

banjoflyer posted:
NotInWI posted:

For your consideration...

Now this is a fantastic looking car, and in my opinion not unreasonably priced.  The issue I suspect Bill has is that I does not like r27 Flyer curves.  And when equipped with highrail trucks there is not much clearance to for the truck to rotate to accommodate the right turns.  You can see this in the last picture.  On bigger radius curves (I have used them on r54 there is not an issue...and if one still had a problem, I suspect placing a 1/8" spacer between the rails of the well and the bottom trailer would allow adequate clearance.  

Thank you Ben for the fantastic pictures. These are the cars I want. And if I can somehow find out when the 20% sale happens I would be a player for at least 3 and maybe 5 cars with 2 containers on each. God help me. Can you please elaborate on " I suspect placing a 1/8" spacer between the rails of the well and the bottom trailer would allow adequate clearance.  " Do you mean to say that the highrail wheels actually hit the container in the well when turning tight curves? Adding a spacer does look like it would work. Do you think the truck could be moved forward about 1/8"?

It looks like the wheels will clear the steps but who knows? My problem is I am stuck with r20 Fastrack and there is no going back to anything else. Could you please put one of these cars on your tabletop r20 loop if you have one and see what hits what and let me know?

Thanks to MikeAA, Rusty, Bill, you and all the other guys for adding to the conversation.

WHAT IS THE CENTER TO CENTER MEASUREMENT ON THE TRUCKS? MORE OR LESS THAN THE CYLINDRICAL HOPPERS?

Short story...I WANT these cars and gotta make them work on r20 without destroying them.

Mark

This is precisely the reason Lionel shortened their 48' containers for their O Scale Husky stacks and changed the markings on the car side to match the shortened containers.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.