Skip to main content

I just picked up one Lionel #22 Left hand remote switch and one Lionel #223 Right hand remote switch. 

222222 left223223 right

I noticed one major difference - the 223 has one straight rail which is insulated.  I'm guessing that is part of the non-derailing feature. 

223 rail

I'm hoping for a little help to get these working properly.

1 - some track pins are missing.  I have some extra o gauge track.  Are o gauge track pins and standard gauge track pins the same size?

2 - They are missing lantern covers and light bulbs.  Does anyone know the correct light bulb part # for these?

3 - Each switch has an extra wire coming out of the corner near the switch motor.  I'm guessing this is a modification to run the motor from accessory power instead of track power.  How can I tell?

4 - How hard is it to modify the 222 for an anti-derailing feature like the 222?

5 - I'd be interested in taking the switch apart to see how it is wired inside.  Can it be taken apart easily to see this and then be reassembled?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Images (5)
  • 222 left
  • 223 right
  • 223 rail
Original Post

1 the pins will work O gauge not O 27.

2 18 volt screw. covers are available usual sources for this stuff.

3 ground it and hook that wire to common and see if it works.

4 easy insulated rail section on the turnout and straight sections in front. then run a wire to one of the 2 outside common posts.

5 as long as you are not bending tabs.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.