Skip to main content

Okay this is not a gripe! Stated didn't work but could here E-unit cycling. so took a chance and bought it. He also said could be a loose wire. Got it in today and from the first moment I took the lid off I could see someone had this apart before that didn't know what they were doing so anyway one wire was off the motor, the ground spring was missing, brushes where turned sideways so decided to take the brush plate off and go ahead and clean it well it took some umf to get those screw out some one tightened them as tight as they could. ( that scared me. ) any way got it off dropped trucks off took top plate on trucks off and cleaned the chunks of grease out of there removed the nylon bushing and gear assembly that goes with it and clean all down in the truck assembly real good cleaned the gear assembly and re-greased them put all back together I happened to have a ground spring so all was fine soldered wire back on and oiled where needed and she ran like a top reversed like she should horn solenoid worked like it should ( didn't have a battery to test horn) so got a great engine at a good price the only down fall didn't mention screw crack at one end which is common with this type of engine from back then.  

DSCI0272

Attachments

Images (1)
  • DSCI0272
Original Post

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.