Skip to main content

I've always had a liking for the postwar Santa Fe Lionel, so I finally broke down and got a 2353 A-A set off of Ebay for $163. The thing looks and runs pretty good, so I'm happy with the purchase and am looking forward to putting them in the schedule, so to speak. But I do have a couple of questions:

What do you generally use for the cars? I'm not particularly fond of the Lionel Lines cars that came in some of the sets. I have all 42" curves, if that makes a difference.

How can I permanently lock this into a forward only mode of operation. It may sound odd, but this will never run in reverse again - will be on a timer with a push button start. Is there some way to bypass the E unit entirely or is that a crazy thing to do.

Thanks for any input.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The E unit can be set, "locked", into a forward only position.  No need to rewire it or change in any way, best to keep as is.  If you do not prefer the PW Lionel pass fifteen inch cars, the eighteen inch and longer from any O gauge manufacturer work fine.  I run all my Lionel Post War engines with Weaver, Williams, Atlas, K Line and/or MTH cars mixed.... whatever you prefer.  They all work just fine mixed together, all a matter of personal preference.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.