345 Culvert Unloader

Would anyone care to look at this picture and let me know if the string looks right ?

s-l1600

Dan Padova

"In the course of my life I have had to eat my words, and I must confess it was a wholesome diet"..........Winston Churchill

Attachments

Photos (1)
Original Post
Pingman posted:

Dan, here's the line diagram for that accessory. 

Without seeing the magnet extended, it may not be possible to tell.

Thanks carl.  It's an item I am looking at on Ebay.  I don't imagine it would be that difficult to re-string if it turns out the string has be compromised.  

On a similar note, and I am hijacking my own thread now, I was at the Gilbertsville, Pa. Train meet yesterday.  A seller had one on his table asking $350.00, because "These things are rare".  Then I looked at his other items.  I guess they were all rare.....LOL

Dan Padova

"In the course of my life I have had to eat my words, and I must confess it was a wholesome diet"..........Winston Churchill

Dan, when I read your question and saw the photo, my first thought was to look on eBay where, of course, I found it.  IIRC, the photo you show is the second or third shown in the listing.  Since the listing was ending soon, I went to Olsen's library and replied to your thread.

Carl

Dan Padova posted:

... A seller had one on his table asking $350.00, because "These things are rare".  Then I looked at his other items.  I guess they were all rare.....LOL

FYI... Lionel finally delivered the new Legacy command-controlled version of both the culvert loader and culvert unloaders last month.... Brand spanking new, these latest models go for roughly $235/each street-price.  So there's nothing rare about these accessories (anymore). 

David

Pingman posted:

Dan, when I read your question and saw the photo, my first thought was to look on eBay where, of course, I found it.  IIRC, the photo you show is the second or third shown in the listing.  Since the listing was ending soon, I went to Olsen's library and replied to your thread.

I have K-Line's "bible", with those diagrams.  Again thanks for your assistance.  Something about the string in that picture doesn't jive with the diagram in the book.  But like I said, it can't be rocket science to re-string it.  Most post war operating accessories need some TLC.  Some more than others.....LOL

Dan Padova

ADCX Rob posted:

Oh, it's threaded wrong for sure. Here is the correct routing.

345 Cable Route

Thanks Rob.  I wound up winning it for the starting bid of $119.00.  I have a spool of braided fishing line that may work in replacing the existing line.  

Dan Padova

You are a wealth of knowledge Rob and usually one of the first to respond to issues like this.  Thank you once more for your input.  

Dan Padova

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc.
33 Sheridan Road, Poland, OH 44514
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com