Skip to main content

I have been using the lash-up feature for many years with essentially no problems.  

I am having problems after updating to release level 4.3.  These problems are with very simple lash-up configurations.  The engines in the lash-up are PS2 BL2 (two), and PS2 GP38-2 (two).  One lash-up is comprised of two BL2s and the second lash-up is comprised of two GP38-2s. All engines are starting in the forward direction.

In both cases the problem is that the number board lights flicker and the engines do not smoke. 

I understand that there may be a work around. Is there a thread that addresses the work around?  I have looked but have been unable to find one.  Thanks for any help that you may be able to offer.           

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I hate 4.3!!!

I'm rewiring my outside layout and having tons of issues. I spent all day on a consist!

How come most of my engines acc/ dec settings are now preset to 130??? That alone is a PITA to fix in each engine. I build lashups and nothing cooperates. Engines are running different speeds??

I have to fix each engine. Two days later it's a different engine acting up. I had a UP dash 8 going slow last week and now that one is fine?

The remote takes like three minutes to boot? when it comes up finally it has an engine in the active screen I haven't used in a while?

Some won't respond. The system struggles to load/ find engines with this version?

I truly hope 4.31 comes soon or even I may switch to DCC again.

Last edited by Engineer-Joe

Now explain this one...?

On a G gauge lashup, the lead engine runs about 1/3 faster than all the rest?

I spent the whole day rewiring my outdoor layout. I tore an engine apart looking at the tach reader. Nothing wrong. Some engines come up with weird settings? One had a acc rate of 0?

I built another 7 engine lashup G gauge with a different lead engine and sure enough, the lead engine runs away from the rest??? 

I'm reloading 4.2. I don't know why I haven't yet.

Update:

Ok, I'm sure everyone thinks I'm crazy for this one. I went back to 4.2. I now have two engines that run about 1/3 faster than the rest. and probably has nothing to do with 4.3 right?

One of them is brand new G scale. The other is my custom built SD70ACe. I won't dare try a third engine in the lead because I have no way to get them fixed now. The tach's are working. It seems like they got re-programmed to run too fast????

That Custom ACe has worked as the lead engine for over a year until I built a new lashup with 4.3.

It just seems weird that it happened twice today.

I tried deleting and re-building the lashup with 4.2 but the lead engines still run too fast???

Maybe the good thing will be I can pair up those two engines or maybe not?

I've fixed a lot of issues but this one has got me bitter.

I hope anyone else on the fence about upgrading to 4.3 does not do it. Wait for the fixes. There maybe good explanations for all this. Maybe my remote is going out?

What controls the speed of individual engines within a lashup? How in the world could an engine's speed parameters get reprogrammed?

Last edited by Engineer-Joe
Originally Posted by Terp Trains:

There is no soft key for smoke and I can not turn the smoke feature on via the Hand Held remote. 

The smoke key is #1 on the remote. Works for lash-ups -- at least under 4.20. What I do when setting up a consist is start all of the locomotives individually, turn off their smoke units individually, then build the consist (lash-up) and start the consist. All of the locomotives orient their directions properly and when I hit #1 for smoke they all start smoking. These extra steps relate to the fact we have several TIUs on the club layout and sometimes it seems we get issues with lash-ups in Super TIU mode.

Last edited by AGHRMatt

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.