Skip to main content

Have all the MTH fixes been updated in the latest version of 4.3?

I seem to remember that Barry had a post on 4.31.  I desire to have all three remotes and 2 TIU's

operate on the same software.  The second TIU and one remote is used on the workbench only.

The primary TIU and two remotes are used on the layout.

The MTH website has 4.30, no mention of 4.31.

bruce

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Marty, I guess I have to wonder if you have had the beta for a long time, what's the holdup?  How much of a beta test do they need before they feel it's ready for general release?  If for some reason folks had a significant issue with 4.31, they could always go back to 4.30 I would think.  At some point, you have to stop developing and ship the product.

Well what are the bugs that need to be fixed?? Headlight failure sometimes caused when  turning "on" the smoke.  I had it happen today using the "rev" up.

I think there maybe a problem adding engines with multiple tiu. Engines want to add to the lowest numbered tiu.

I don't have any proto-3 but after running in command mode engine must be "factory reset in conventional to get it to run?? 

No stealth mode with proto 3?? correct or incorrect?

Anything else?

I don't have any proto-3 but after running in command mode engine must be "factory reset in conventional to get it to run??

No.

Headlight failure sometimes caused when  turning "on" the smoke.

Usually when turning off the smoke, headlights and other lights go out

Possibly.  Selecting the loco and then rolling up throttle will activate startup.  Remains to be seen if a spurious signal will get it moving in stealth mode.

Originally Posted by bruce benzie:

Sorry I brought up a sore subject.  I installed 4.20 on the TIU and remote that I purchased with 4.30 installed.

I will be a much happier camper now.

I don't think you should be sorry. The more we know the issues the better the chances of getting it fixed properly.

I now noticed after running on the week end  (super mode)  that even blowing the whistle will sometimes  cause the head light to go out. BTW, 4.2 was one of the worse versions for super mode runners.( however for a single tiu it was great).  Maybe we should have a thread for know or suspected issues.

Originally Posted by Gregg:
Originally Posted by bruce benzie:

Sorry I brought up a sore subject.  I installed 4.20 on the TIU and remote that I purchased with 4.30 installed.

I will be a much happier camper now.

I don't think you should be sorry. The more we know the issues the better the chances of getting it fixed properly.

I now noticed after running on the week end  (super mode)  that even blowing the whistle will sometimes  cause the head light to go out. BTW, 4.2 was one of the worse versions for super mode runners.( however for a single tiu it was great).  Maybe we should have a thread for know or suspected issues.

I thought I was imagining things down at the club. On occasion, the headlight would go out (single or MU'd locomotives). We're running 4.2 in Super TIU mode. I might have to arrange another "upgrade party" at the club.

Originally Posted by Marty Fitzhenry:

We have been running 4.31 beta for a long time.  Hopefully the final release will be available very soon.  MTH is working on this guys.  The right release done right will be worth waiting for.  Please trust them.

and there it is. There's just a couple of guys that aren't having headaches ...constantly.

There are guys leaving. The loyal ones are sounding off here.

This is an important release and maybe there's good reasons behind the scenes. I really think, it's going to cost more to wait.

Maybe I should go way back to 3.xx whenever my system worked without headaches and just a few bugs that were easy to remember. It feels like we're moving backwards.

Guys want the 4.31 because they are having major issues. I don't care what you want to call it or what the reason is. This is getting old fast. Maybe it's too complex to keep bug free??

I now know how Tommie Z felt. Maybe I'll go build a car too now.

Gregg,

Where ar you getting your information??

Headlight failure sometimes caused when  turning "on" the smoke.  I had it happen today using the "rev" up.

This bug has been around for several years, since the advent of DCS 4.20, not DCS 4.30. I believe that it's a Super mode only bug, however, I could be mistaken.

Regardless, it's on the list to be corrected in DCS 4.31.

I think there maybe a problem adding engines with multiple tiu. Engines want to add to the lowest numbered tiu.

Completely untrue and also impossible.

Engines always add to the TIU upon whose track they reside, in Normal or Super TIU mode. Always. They simply cannot add to any other TIU. Period.

Absolutely not true.

This is not a bug. It's intentional and only with newer PS3 engines.

The handful of remaining bugs introduced with 4.30, that are not corrected in 4.31 beta, are all "noise level", and all have workarounds.

Last edited by Barry Broskowitz

Gregg,

However for discussions sake . What the heck is this...

https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/t...44#43102465747414944

I expect that you're referring to the issue regarding TIUs having to be powered up if they're numbered less than the TIU to which you're adding the engine. (Note that when a TIU is tethered to a remote, this is not an issue at all.)

FirsThis isn't at all new with DCS 4.30. It's worked this way since 4.10 or so, or maybe even a bit earlier.

Regardless, what I stated on that thread is as follows:

It's confusing, since it's intermittent. It will appear to work sometimes and not others.

I'm not really certain that it can be classified as a "bug", per se. If there's a TIU in the remote, the remote expects to be able to find it. It's somewhat consistent with getting an error message if you query a TIU for it's DCS Version when the TIU isn't powered on. You will, properly, get an error message.

As regards this one...

and this  https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/t...abforward-won-t-move

That is neither a DCS 4.30 issue, nor a DCS issue at all.

Last edited by Barry Broskowitz

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.