Skip to main content

THe MTH 44 Toners are here! If you have one on order and want us to bring it to York call us today before 3 or else they will ship under our "LSS" Program. "Lightning Shipping Service" gives you same day shipping and expedited handling. 

Extras are available too on our web site under MTH Premier Diesels.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the photos. I ordered the LI version so it is nice to finally see a finished product. I think I remember seeing the shell would be die-cast. Not a criticism but it looks a little "plastic-y" to me. Not a ton of detail either but then again, the real one isn't really chock full of little add on doo-dads and such. Either way, I'm very excited to finally get mine and I will likely pick up the PRR Williams version at York.

Looks pretty good. If they do it in a B&M version eventually I'm on it.   

Well Chris, there's a Boston and Maine in the next catalog, along with NYO&W, GN, Milwaukee Road, B&O and UP.

Those photos of the unit look really nice Gromet. I'm sure at some point we'll see some comparison photos with the WBB version. But the die-cast body and metal handrails on the MTH unit are a definite plus.

I have the WBB model.  It's a nice model, and I upgraded it to TMCC with sound.  However, I suspect this one will be a bit more polished, I'm certainly looking forward to getting a closer look and likely acquiring one.   It was a lot of work to convert the Williams to command, especially the electrocouplers, so I suspect this is the path of least resistance for most that would like a command version of the 44-Ton locomotive.  The cheap and delicate plastic handrails on the Williams are a major turn-off for me in doing further upgrades of those.

Williams 44-Ton Upgrade with ERR CC-Lite, Sound, & Electrocouplers

Last edited by gunrunnerjohn
DaveJfr0 posted:

Not sure why you would say that without stating why…

Ok,

As a 2R modeler it doesn't have proto 3/2 trucks. It has swinging pilots and short handrails. Also no Kadee pad (I think). If I were 3 rail modeler the WBB has fixed pilots, full handrails, is also die cast,  and costs less. Even as a 2R conversion candidate the WBB is a better option. I've seen videos of converted WBB 44 tonners that run and sound great with LokSound DCC installed.

jonnyspeed posted:
DaveJfr0 posted:

Not sure why you would say that without stating why…

Ok,

As a 2R modeler it doesn't have proto 3/2 trucks. It has swinging pilots and short handrails. Also no Kadee pad (I think). If I were 3 rail modeler the WBB has fixed pilots, full handrails, is also die cast,  and costs less. Even as a 2R conversion candidate the WBB is a better option. I've seen videos of converted WBB 44 tonners that run and sound great with LokSound DCC installed.

Williams unit has a diecast body? Bachmann's website only specifies that the frame and trucks are diecast.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.