Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

jim911 posted:

wow, a bit harsh! there may not be a 6-28974. It may be the wrong number. But Big Jim would certainly know that now
&
Isn't your biography, " never be afraid to ask"   Umm

No, it is not harsh. No, I didn't look it up.
&
Yes it is! So, is it too much to ask for people not to use only a number (as you did) in referring to the item in question? Better to use an item Name and/or picture to let people know right off the bat what you are asking about, instead of making the askees to look up an obscure number first.

For a while we had complaints (justified) that members would ask advice and so forth on a loco or car without giving the item number, even if known. "My Lionel Pacific..." was too imprecise. That issue got pretty well resolved. 

Too well.

This is not the first time I have spotted a "number only" post. Now, sometimes the number is actually not known and the poster is fairly new at this and that's fine...but would putting both pieces of data in the title or at least the post too much to ask? Kinda helpful...I didn't know what a "6-28974" was, and I almost skipped the whole thing.

'Course, I actually have zero information on this loco, anyway...

I recently purchased one of these Berkshires and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. The TMCC system works great and I had no problems. These engines came with a certificate that states it was one of the last production engines made in the United States.

Thanks

Pat

Bring classic steam power to your layout with the Nickel Plate Road 2-8-4 Berkshire locomotive. Important to the histories of both model railroads and the real thing, the “Berk” has held a special place in the hearts of railroad enthusiasts from its introduction to O-Gauge in 1946.

Over the past 50 years, offered primarily as the #726 or #736 with Lionel Lines markings, the Berkshire comes back to life in 2001 in prototypical Nickel Plate Road detailing. Fully equipped with the best features, this locomotive is sure to take a hallowed place in your collection.

• TrainMaster Command Control system, Pullmor motor, RailSounds sound system with CrewTalk chitchat and TowerCom announcements, Magne-Traction track gripping system, Die-cast boiler, tender and tender trucks, ElectroCoupler on rear of tender, Stamped metal tender frame, Operating headlight, Directional lighting, Realistic puffing smoke unit

• Control
  • Trainmaster Command Control

• Couplers
  • Electrocouplers

• Frame
  • Stamped Metal Frame

• Lighting
  • Headlights
  • Directional Lighting

• Miscellaneous
  • Smoke Unit

• Motor