Skip to main content

The cab light on one of the new run of Lionel American Flyer SD70ACe starts a 6 blink cab light code after the engine moves a few feet down the track.  Pushing the reset button on the remote seems to fix the problem even if the engine is powered down and then powered up again.  However, if the track power is turned off the 6 blink code appears again once the engine starts moving.  Lionel suggested reprogramming the engine:  put engine in program mode, ENG, #, SET, AUX1, 2 then back into run.  Tried that and the problem persists.  Also tried the directions on page 28 of the AF manual without any success.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The instructions for Aux1, 2 (on the number pad, not Aux2) came from Lionel.  Mine blinks regardless of what smoke level and does it even with the smoke switch off.  Pressing the reset button on the remote won't keep the blinking from happening.  Have to wait until the blink occurs, then press the reset button.  Mine is the UP 8444 but the shell likely has nothing to do with the problem.

Mark. I slightly pushed wires into the back of the three prong plug    (Plug connected) and that seemed to correct it   Knock on wood!!  I used a small dental pick but I'm sure a round toothpick would work   Lionel uses so small gauge wire and always too tight to move anything to repair  mine only did it on high on smoke    Good luck  steve

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.