Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would disassemble the trolley and clean the slide area. Be certain to get out any old grease, oil, and dirt. Do not lubricate with any sort of wet lubricant. if you have a dry lubricant, such as Dri-Slide, I think that would be OK to use.

Sometimes the tension on the contacts are too strong. But I wouldn't mess with that right away. Try the cleaning first.,

I agree with Burfle on cleaning.  One other possibility is the conductor/driver.  On mine, the conductor would just bump the front of the plastic shell and prevent the complete slide of the reversing unit. You can bend him back a little to increase the slide distance.  If you do not get a complete slide the vibration will cause the bumper to slide backwards.

quote:
mr Burfle-- is this cleaing of the slide something I can do at home, or should I take it to a shop.  I want it to run again and outside of some simple adjustments, I am not sure of myself. 

It is not a difficult job.
I cannot gauge another poster's skills and experience.
While I don't have one disassembled in front of me, I think it would be best to unsolder a couple of wires to facilitate disassembly. If you can solder, you should be OK.

When working on toy trains, I almost always unsolder the wires coming from the field to anything that is going to be disturbed because they are easily broken. The one exception being the wires from the field to the reversing contact assembly on Trolleys, gang cars, and the like.  (I remove the contact assembly plate along with the field. It is only held in place by two screws) I would certainly unsolder the field wires going to the brush plate.

Take a look at the service manual pages to determine whether you want to do this yourself.

Last edited by C W Burfle

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.