Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Got this a few minutes ago in an email from VMT (I think it went to people on their email list - not posting anything private). Of course, subject to change.

7:00 AM Depart Greensboro, milepost 287
7:45 AM Reidsville, milepost 260
8:40 AM Danville, milepost 236
9:30 AM Gretna, milepost 208
10:00 AM Hurt, milepost 197
10:25 AM Huddleston, milepost V-210
11:15 AM Goodview, milepost V-227
12:00 PM Roanoke

Return:
3:00 PM Depart Roanoke
3:45 PM Goodview, milepost V-227
4:35 PM Huddleston, milepost V-210
5:00 PM Hurt, milepost 197
5:30 PM Gretna, milepost 208
6:20 PM Danville, milepost 236
7:15 PM Reidsville, milepost 260
8:00 PM Greensboro, milepost 287

David

I hope someone at VMT takes a look at changing the consist before the next trips; the short dome "Stampede Pass" should be in front of the 3 full-length domes, having the full domes in front blocks the view.
I didn't spend 269 bucks to have a more restricted view of the engine than last year when I ended up 3 cars (standard coach) from 611 on a Front Royal trip.

They should have mentioned which dome would be closest to 611. Last year the Saturday 765 trip from Bethlehem to Pittston had the expensive cars at the front of the train due to the fact that there is nowhere in the Allentown area to turn an entire train short of taking the train to Reading where there is a wye between the yard and downtown. The wye NS built by Allentown Yard at the former turntable site is only good to turn a couple diesels or 765 and aux tender because of the short tail of the wye. The Dover Harbor was right behind the Fort Wayne tool car, it is normally at the rear of the train. It was on Sunday's trip. I'm riding behind 611 in an NS coach on June 4 from Manassas, VA. Domes and the luxury cars like Dover Harbor are just too expensive for us. We're going to make a mini vacation out of the 611 trip and stay the weekend in Virginia area. Manassas is about 200 miles from us in Allentown, PA. We're going to stay at a hotel near Manassas, preferably one with an indoor pool and hot tub, I like to take a dip in the pool and sit in the hot tub when we travel. Last December we stayed at a nice hotel south of Lancaster, which was rebranded a Doubletree and had a large indoor pool with hot tub plus a second room with a kids pool with slide and other things and a game room. We went to Steam into History then stayed at an Embassy Suites 20 miles south in Maryland. That also had an indoor pool and hot tub, and an atrium lobby with glass elevators.

Last edited by Robert K

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.