Skip to main content

Sam, that is not a bad spot. You could catch the train as it crosses the road. 238 is a well traveled road and I am not sure where a good place to park would be.

The good section of Spring road is about 3-4 miles north-east of 238. Its not nearly as busy by locals as 238 but will probably be filled with railfans when the train goes by.

Pete

Originally Posted by Hot Water:
Originally Posted by AmbBob:

Is it known if there will be any professional video shoots of this trip that will be going to dvd?

Are there even any "professional video" outfits left anymore?  What with YouTube, and everyone taking their own videos, most of the "profession" outfits are gone, and/or, only sell vintage steam & diesel DVDs.

A fellow who has the handle of "typebangin" on TO does very good videos, he has followed the travels of the steam locos in the current NS program for several years.
He posts snippets on TO and youtube, and sells complete dvds at: www.steamtrainvideos.com

Super excited!! Dad and I used to chase steam whenever it was in town. I'm sure I've seen the 765, but have no real memories except one... we had managed to get tickets to ride behind the berk but they picked up a tie plate with the coal and it jammed the stoker. The train ended up being pulled by diseasels.

Tomorrow- drive from Wisconsin to New York. Saturday- fulfill a longtime dream- mainline steam in Western New York!!

My wife Eileen and I were in the orange and brown Iowa Pacific Prairie View dome car (with Empire Builder words on the side as well) on Saturday.  What an awesome ride - weather was perfect (A/C was almost too cold), and the view along the way was nice, especially the ride across the Letchworth gorge. There were people all along the route virtually everywhere that was open - most of them waving.  Several vehicles paced with us for a good part of the trip.  This was our first time in a dome cars, and the trip sold us as the way to go on future trips.

Thanks, Rich, and all of the FWHS, for another great excursion.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.