Skip to main content

It was right inside the Lorain County Fairgrounds. South of the W&LE tracks. There are a lot of good locations on the road and at the crossing by the main entrance. Depending on what time it will be heading back west we may or may not be there.

Originally Posted by Berkshire President:
Great video!  Do you mind if I ask where (specifically) you were located in Wellington?   And will you be there when she goes back through/home?

Originally Posted by TrainWizard5972:

I and the Stockyard Express Crew will be riding it tomorrow! We caught it in Wellington on Thursday as well. Can't wait to ride!

Originally Posted by Berkshire President:
Great video!  Do you mind if I ask where (specifically) you were located in Wellington?   And will you be there when she goes back through/home?

Originally Posted by TrainWizard5972:

I and the Stockyard Express Crew will be riding it tomorrow! We caught it in Wellington on Thursday as well. Can't wait to ride!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

i think its west of town at the county fairgrounds parking lot  rt18 west to pitts road south will get you there/close.it is very near cp37 at the csx main....jim

Last edited by Jim Berger
Originally Posted by Mikeaa:

I just read on the Twitter feed that there is a derailment in Indiana that will prevent the 765 from returning home today.  It says that the 765 will not be making any moves today or the rest of the week and will layover at CVSR.

Correct, the derailment happened right at or near the switch that goes to the FWRHS facilty in Fort Wayne.

Last edited by Dieselbob

Yes, open window coaches are more fun to ride in behind steam. All of the tourist railroads in my state (PA) and two neighboring states (DE, NJ) use them. You can ride all day trips on the Reading and Northern behind #425 in open window coaches like the one pictured behind #765. But on NS, no such luck. They require that coaches are roller bearing with sealed windows for safety reasons. It's not the 1980's anymore where anything goes (open window coaches with friction bearings on mainline excursions including #765). NS is afraid some fool will have his head chopped off by sticking it out of a window or an arm ripped off. So, they banned open vestibules and open windows on all excursions. I think they banned heavyweights (except Amtrak certified cars like Dover Harbor) in the 1980's, remember the Great Dismal Swamp accident with #611 in 1986? Can't wait though to find out the 2015 NS steam schedule if it happens and they have enough crews to crew the trains. Any chance on a PA revisit? If there are ever any excursions in PA or NJ on freight only track like NS's routes I will consider riding again. My wish would be on the NS lines east of Harrisburg next time, toward Reading, Allentown, Philly or NJ but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.  I read posts on FB and elsewhere that FWRHS wants to bring the #765 east again in 2015. Meaning east of Ohio.

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.