Skip to main content

So I got a new 990 set and recently put it into service.

The Charging light does not come on and the batteries won't charge. I did use regular batteries and also was able to charge the NH batteries in anther charger and both powered up the handheld as expected. All the lights on the base are on. From what I have read here on the forum, there may be a problem with the charging circuit. Others have stated that all the lights in the base were off when plugged in.

Also, right out of the box I think the "Train Brake" sliding switch may be defective. Is it supposed to be self centering like the Horn/Bell switch on the opposite side?  It feels like it is dragging on the case.

Being a new set, is this something I should call Lionel about or the shop where I bought it? It has been out of the box less than a month.

Dan 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Diesel Dan:

So I got a new 990 set and recently put it into service.

The Charging light does not come on and the batteries won't charge. I did use regular batteries and also was able to charge the NH batteries in anther charger and both powered up the handheld as expected. All the lights on the base are on. From what I have read here on the forum, there may be a problem with the charging circuit. Others have stated that all the lights in the base were off when plugged in.

Also, right out of the box I think the "Train Brake" sliding switch may be defective. Is it supposed to be self centering like the Horn/Bell switch on the opposite side?  It feels like it is dragging on the case.

Being a new set, is this something I should call Lionel about or the shop where I bought it? It has been out of the box less than a month.

Dan 

Is the charge on/off switch on?

Train break switch is normal. No center detent. Just leave it all the way up/off normally.

I did call Lionel and they had me send the remote and base back for service. It turns out the remote was defective and they sent back my base and a new remote.

Just put the remote thru its paces and seems all is right with the remote. 

Now I can start learning about the remote, even though I have no Legacy units, I is operating the Atlas units as promised.

Thank You Lionel!

Dan

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.