The Hudson from the set you mentioned (shown in the first picture below) is undoubtedly the larger, fully-featured Hudson, as it has, among other things, a diecast tender. It also came with top-line rolling stock, and the picture is that of the larger, more deluxe Hudson. The diecast tender is a sure giveaway in identifying it. The smaller, less-featured Hudson has a plastic tender (second picture shown below), and was much less expensive.
New York Central Freight Set RailSounds Version (4-6-4 Steam Loco #5412)
6-21988 | Price: $449.95
If you are looking for the ultimate in quality, durability and a great price for a ready-to-run train set, you need look no further than Lionel’s premium New York Central Freight Set. Leading the set is a new, highly detailed die-cast steam locomotive that is fully upgradeable to TrainMaster® Command Control. It is coupled with a durable die-cast tender, and boasts an impressive puffing smoke unit and red firebox glow. Three pieces of high quality Lionel rolling stock, all with die-cast trucks, are punctuated with a classic lighted bay window caboose. Running on standard O-31 track and powered by the all-new 80BW 80 watt transformer, this set has unparalleled power and is the ultimate way to begin years and years of railroad excitement.
- Die-cast locomotive and tender
- Single dome tank car
- Flatcar with trailer
- Bay window caboose
- 8 pieces of straight and 8 pieces of curved O-31 track
- 80BW 80 watt transformer/controller
- Command upgradeable die-cast 4-6-4 locomotive and tender
- Back-up light on tender
- Red firebox
- SignalSounds version upgradeable to full RailSounds
- Command upgradeable die-cast 4-6-4 locomotive and tender, SignalSounds with bell and whistle or digital RailSounds with bell and whistle, synchronized chuffing, crew announcements, brake squeal and steam sounds, Puffing smoke unit, Die-cast trucks, Operating headlight, Back-up light on tender, Red firebox glow.
- SignalSounds version upgradeable to full RailSounds.
- Rolling stock features include: Die-cast trucks and operating couplers, Detailed molded bodies and frames, Interior illumination (caboose), Painted bodies.
New York Central 4-6-4 Steam Locomotive This all-new, highly detailed steam locomotive is sure to be an instant favorite. Made from completely new tooling, this locomotive has all of your favorite features: Real-life puffing smoke, SignalSounds with bell and whistle, operating headlight, separately applied handrail details on the boiler, real spoked wheels you can see through and die-cast trailing trucks. All this and a great price, too! It’s a great way to start your layout.
|• ||All-new die-cast steam locomotive, Precision can motor, Operating headlight, Puffing smoke unit, Separately applied metal handrails, Spoked metal drivers, Traction tire, Detailed molded tender with die-cast trucks and operating coupler, SignalSounds with bell and whistle|
|• ||Minimum Radius: O-27|
|• ||Scale: O-Gauge|
|• ||Length: 19”|