You still haven't explained exactly what you're doing.
If you get the timeout when you refresh the app, try this:
- Power up the layout ,including the TU and WIU.
- Power up the DCS Engines that you plan to operate.
- Make sure that the DCS App comes up to the Run My Trains screen when started up. If it comes up on any other screen, shut it down. On an iOS device, do this by double-tapping the home button and swiping up on the app.
- Wait a few minutes until the WIU's LEDs are on steady, then wait a full minute more.
- Run the app and tap on Run My Trains.
- Tap Refresh. If you get an error or timeout, wait a minute and tap it again.
- When refresh no longer times out, go to the engine list. Your powered engines should be in the active list. Tap on one to select it and go to the Engine Control Screen.