OGR ON-LINE FORUM TERMS OF SERVICE
OGR Publishing, Inc. does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message posted on this on-oline forum, and is not responsible for the content of any message posted on this on-oline forum.
The messages posted on this on-line forum solely express the views of the author of the message and not necessarily the views of OGR Publishing, Inc. or any entity associated with OGR Publishing, Inc.
You are solely responsible for the content of messages that you post on this forum and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless O Gauge Railroading, OGR Publishing, Inc., Social Strata, Inc. (the makers of the forum software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
- POSTING of COPYRIGHTED PHOTOS
By participating on this forum, you agree not to post any form of copyrighted material which includes but is not limited to photos and copy obtained through sources other than those that are directly owned by you and by designating within the post that you have permission from the owner to use or that you created the photo. By uploading content created by you on this forum, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license therefore OGR can not be held liable for copyright infringement of that content. OGR has adopted a no tolerance policy on copyright infringement and you agree to be responsible for any infringement on your part on this forum knowingly or unknowingly that results in financial damages to OGR. OGR will seek reparations to the maximum extent of the law in these cases.
- MODERATION OF THIS FORUM
OGR Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to delete any message, at any time, for any reason. OGR Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to reject any registration for this Forum for any reason. User accounts that have been inactive for a prolonged period of time may be deleted without notice. This Forum is for the purpose of discussing trains and model railroading. Questions or comments about the moderation of this forum will be deleted with or without comment. If you have a question about a deleted posting, please send us email. Do not post your question because that post will also be deleted. You may or may not receive a response to your Email. Breaking of this rule may result in either a termination of your account or a temporary disabling of your account.
USE OF THE FORUM
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the O Gauge Railroading Online Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. This includes but not limited to promotions or products decorated with politically charged and foul language even if it is abbreviated such as to convey the "idea". You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have specific permission from the copyright holder to do so. You agree to abide by our Posting Guidelines as delineated below. You also agree that you will not use this forum to promote other forums or websites including but not limited to ebay, YouTube, Twitter and other social media sites as well as similar websites via the posting of their web address, whether via a hyperlink or via text. Please note that chain letters, pyramid schemes and other solicitations are not appropriate for this Forum and will be deleted.
OGR Publishing, Inc.reserves the right to reveal your registration information in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
- REGISTRATION VALIDATION
The IP address from which you log into the Forum is recorded by the Forum software. In the event we ascertain that you have opened multiple user accounts, all of them will be disabled and you will be denied further access to the Forum. When you register for a forum membership you will be asked for a valid email address as well as other information that will then be verified as part of the registration process. Should your email address change at a later date, it is your responsibility to update your Forum profile with your new email address and any other information such as your verifiable name and address. If we find it necessary to contact you and discover that your registered email address is no longer valid, or the personal information that you have provided is not verifiable, your user account will be suspended until such time as you contact us and provide a new email address and/or other information we require which the system will then validate. Once it has been validated, your account privileges will be restored.
- POSTING GUIDELINES
What you write on this forum will be read by people of all ages. A quick rule of thumb is, if you'd be embarrassed to have your friend's granddaughter read it, don't post it.
- The Forum is for discussing trains. If what you're posting isn't train-related, don't post it.
- The Forum is divided into a number of topical areas. Please post in the appropriate area for your topic and do not cross post between topics; i.e., do not post the same message in two or three different topical areas. If you post in one topical area, don't post a message on the order of "Look what I posted in the other area" in a different topical area.
- Look to see if what you're posting about is already under discussion and post to that topic rather than starting a duplicate topic.
- Do not attempt to keep your topic on page one by "bumping" it to the top with a new message that adds no meaningful content to the discussion. Threads where "bumping" has occurred will be deleted.
- Sometimes things can get heated in a discussion. While it's OK to dispute facts and opinions, it's not OK to engage in personal attacks of name-calling of ANY kind. That's a great way to start a fight and we do not allow fighting on this Forum.
- Leave your politics at the door when you post on this Forum. Posts containing political matter will be deleted without comment.
- When you post about a bad experience keep in mind that there are usually three sides to every quarrel: your side, the other side, and the truth, which is somewhere in the middle. When you post about such a difference of opinion, the other side usually doesn't have the opportunity to defend himself on the Forum so such things can become very one-sided and unfair very quickly. In the interest of fairness, if you actually name the other party in such a post, creating the potential, given the vast reach of the Internet, for what might be a very unfair character assassination, we are going to delete the thread. In a similar light, posts whose purpose we judge to be primarily to bash another person, vendor, manufacturer, etc., will be deleted.
- We encourage you to use an 'avatar' which is a small photo that will appear under your screen name on each of your posts. Please make sure that, if you choose use an avatar, it is a recognizable image of YOU. Please ensure that the photo is square (the same dimension horizontally and vertically) and that it is no more than 300 pixels on a side. Avatars that do not adhere to these standards will be deleted.
This On-Line Forum is not intended as a
substitute advertising in O Gauge Railroading magazine.
Contact Alan Arnold (firstname.lastname@example.org) for advertising information.
Commercial dealers may not use the Buy/Sell Forum to conduct direct sales.