Skip to main content

Reply to "Atlas O SW9 Converted to TMCC w/ Smoke!"

Very cool, I'm impressed you crammed that thing in there!   Nice that you managed to pipe the smoke out as well, that's a great touch.

Thanks GRJ! I'm surprised too. A little spit and a shoe horn go a long way. I had to relocate a few large capacitors on the RS power and R2LC boards to shorten the stack height. I got it down to 5/8" (about 3/4" OAL from soldered tip to tip) not including the MOSFETs. The 2 reward facing MOSFETs were relocated via 3/4" wires to mount lower on the chassis (on each side of the front driveshaft). The forward facing MOSFETs were left alone and I cut the TAS heatsink in half and directly mounted it to the front truck pedestal. You can see the new threaded holes in the front pedestal in the first pic. There are a few voids within the board stack to tuck the capacitors in. The smoke unit funnel is soldered to the smoke element board (temp. for now) so I have to unscrew the heating element to remove the RS power board. The rear light is located under this board so it's a P.I.T.A. to remove the RS power board to unplug the light to get the cab shell off. I ended up soldering a male & female plug closer to the cab to make it easier. I did the same with the ANT because it's mounted to the roof of the plastic cab shell. All in all, it did take a bit of time. I'm really surprised with the smoke fan output. I thought it would be marginal at best but it performs a lot better than factory TMCC smoke units. Now that I figured it all out, a second one will take a fraction of the time. Only downside with this board is it's lacking cruise. But I'm happy with it. I'll post a video shortly.

Thanks again!

Dan

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
×