@Rod Stewart posted:
I really like the smoke unit ducting. Nice work.
Thanks! I should also mention if I were to do it again, I'd change the tubing shape and size and route it a little differently just to reduce the fabricated pieces and time spent on it. I ended up removing the factory tapered plastic smoke stack and used 5/16" brass tubing. The base of the plastic smoke stack is also 5/16" so it kinda looks proportional. The brass funnel gets hot and I didn't want anything to melt. I used a stepped drill bit and drilled the plastic stack out from the underside. The stepped drill bit self-centers the hole and the plastic stack came off cleanly. It's a nice slip-fit. I might turn a piece of brass to replace the upper half of the new stack so it looks more prototypical. We'll see if I get to it.