I just finished installing a scale coupler and fix pilot on my Atlas O Erie Built. Yesterday I put on the included pilot as it came with the cover over the coupler hole, but I realized it stuck out way too far, and we run them in freight service so it shouldn't be on there anyway. Today my dad ran up to the hobby store and got a pack of Kadees to put on it. I removed the screw that holds the cover onto the pilot. I then built up the mounting pad with three sheets of styrene, not sure how thick they were, you can play around with it to get the right thickness. Lastly, I screwed on the assembled coupler box with the styrene shim between the coupler box and the mounting pad. It was then ready to roll!