@Sams Trains posted:
Could you go into more detail on how you did that? I'm interested in doing something similar but I don't wanna mess up with the paint
It's really straightforward, as the prototypes weren’t patched carefully you don’t need to worry about getting it perfect. I removed the shell and cleaned the CSX’s with isopropyl alcohol. I masked the entire shell then sprayed the patches with semi-gloss from a rattle can. I didn’t let it dry too long so that the paint was still a little wet when I removed the masking. This created the imperfect mask lines. The lettering was dry transfer that I removed sections to create the stencil look. ( This is removed from the sheet before you rub on the dry transfer.) The dry transfer was sprayed with dullcote. Most of these leasers are not things of beauty, meaning it’s hard to get it wrong. The only thing that I would do differently is that I would wet sand the edges of the existing lettering down prior to patch painting. Don’t be afraid to try this.