Skip to main content

Reply to "K-line Plymouth-Upgrade advice?"

Dan, Thanks for the like on my old upgrade post! I'm sorry I didn't shoot any photos during the upgrade. I gutted the cab of figures and stood the board up vertically. I used a piece of card stock to insulate the back side and shield the solder side from view. I left the smoke unit in, but not wired for command control.    I'm certain the unit would need a different heat element as is smokes to much at command track voltage. My key factor for success was patience. I spread this out over a few weeks and limited my time to an hour or two work sessions. The worst part of the experience is that I knocked it off my layout a month after finishing it. I was lucky with minimal damage and have since repaired it. If your ever in the Niagara Falls area, shoot me an email and your welcome to stop by and see it.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
×