Super O Bob posted:BNSF-Matt posted:
My UP ABA held the ID for about a week with about a 10-12 power cycles before it reset. It's seem pretty random, which is kind of strange for an EEPROM if that's what's holding the ID number.
Thats about what i got. I have 4 sets, all work fine, then one did it last night.
Actually, i build lashups so often, it only takes me a few seconds cause of the easy access switch hatches, i could reprogram if and when it happens... if its that intermittant
Just make sure you power down the layout where the engine is accessible to re-address. I made the mistake before learning this problem, of parking my engines at the back of the layout. After 2 times of crawling, never again.