Rockville Centre : The double decker is in Tuscan Red with Dulux lettering. The cars in the distant background look like late 1940s. Tichy color scheme began in November, 1949 and took several years for all the cars to be repainted.
Since the transmission poles were on the north side at RVC and as they are visible in the photo, then we are looking northeast and the train is a westbound, early-morning train.
That means that the temporary tracks, which were south of the original ROW, are NOT those tracks in the photo and the elevated camera angle was taken from somewhere else. If these WERE the temporary tracks, then there would be signs of construction across the street where the original ROW would have been in the process of being torn up.
This is not the case, so this is the original ROW and construction has not yet begun. . . . .. That would make the photo no later than the Winter of 1948-49 and the elimination construction has not yet begun. Al so, everyone is bundled up for the winter chill
The station and tracks were placed out of service in April, 1949 and temporary tracks and station facilities placed in service. The elevated tracks and station were placed in service in July, 1950.
Archive: Jim Gillin Photo: LIRR Research: Dave Keller