Reply to "my first custom rail car"

Progress on my custom has involved experimenting on other caboose bodies.  First, I painted the interior black to stop light bleeding through.  Better but not enough.  Second, once dry, I applied a heavy coat of white.  That stopped the light bleed and dispersed the light in the car.  Third, I applied aluminum foil to the floor.  Another improvement.  Number four lasted all day including paint drying time.  I tried a number of methods  to color and control the light .  I liked the amber color from placing a cut down medicine bottle over the Lionel bulb.  The plastic didn't like the heat.  I may try painting a bulb.  To even the light I tried plastic and paper inside the clear window plastic.  Here are the "experiment" photos.

Attachments

Photos (4)
OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
330-757-3020

www.ogaugerr.com
×
×
×
×
×