Well, it looks like the last passenger train on the Put was pulled by an Alco. What a great way to celebrate the end, with a cloud of black smoke after each station stop.
I am curious:
- Was the Putnam Division signaled, semaphores perhaps?
- Did it connect with a main line on both ends?
- How long (in miles) was it?
- What was the maximum authorized speed for passenger and for freight trains, respectively?
- Was it really a Division with its own Superintendent. or was it just called a Division for a different reason?