My gate was barely flashing in the up position and would not stop. I fixed it by tweeking the upper left adjustment screw.
Thank you, Steve. I found the same thing, only every time I tweaked the upper left screw, it lasted for just one or two down-up cycles, then it was back to barely flashing. I did remove the gear box cover, and cleaned both limit switches with alcohol-soaked tiny strips of cardboard, but it still was not right. So I pulled the (limit switch) cover off again, and got more aggressive with #400 sandpaper, followed by an alcohol soaked piece of paper towel for cleanup - that did the trick, works like a charm now!
If I had taken a jeweler's loupe with me to the train show, I would have seen that 3 of the 4 screws in the limit switch cover were different sizes. And I might have noticed the bends in the gate arm. But I tend to be more than a little unobservant at these shows, usually slapping my forehead when I get home
I finally wired both crossings up to my 45-1028 ITAD (also bought at a train show) and all is well in crossing-land!!!