I just thought I would up date everyone as to the status of my MTH diesel repaint project that initially generated this discussion . I tried Jack Hess method and it does work.The problem that I ran into is the MTH locomotive shell had three different layers of paint. The Florida East Coast paint scheme used on the shell was blue and white with red striping .The entire body was painted white, with a blue covering 3/4s of the body .Red striping completed the paint scheme along with white lettering.On top of all of this was clear coat to seal the lettering. Following Jacks instructions it took 2 weeks to remove all of the finishes to get a completely stripped body. I just painted the shell the other day using Tru Color paints with good results.I hope to complete the project this week and hope to share some pix .