Wow, what a question. Where to begin?
OK, in no particular order:
- In the days ahead of the meet, the anticipation of entering the world's largest "candy" store. It's like being a kid again.
- Hearing the national anthem prior to opening. I am so grateful to God and blessed to be standing there.
- The sheer joy of the first few minutes of the meet as people rush to get into the halls.
- The hunt for "whatever" in October ("One ping only, Vasily!" )
- Finding some item you had given up on in some obscure corner of the meet.
- Seeing people you know and communicate with on-line.
- Dinner, drinks, and spirited conversation with friends.
- That bittersweet ride home with the great things you found and your new memories (the sweet) and the knowledge that you have to wait another 6 months to do it again (the bitter).