In my on going quest to model the Rutland. I wanted to try my hand at assembling a closer to the prototype single sheathed boxcar. They only owned 1. #7999. The car is a little different than the Atlas or MTH versions. They feature wooden car ends. Rather than steel. Ladders instead of grab irons. I started with a Mainline Models kit. I ended up just basically using the roof and stripwood. I ending up using smaller spaced siding than what was supplied. Detail parts were purchased from different sources. I used an Atlas double sheathed chassis and also the doors from a damaged car. The decals were from a few different sets. I applied them over Scalecoat ‘s paint. It dried to a glossy finish. I usually apply a gloss coat after. I didn't on this one. Not sure if it would have helped or not. I did apply gloss over the decals. The film shows a bit. Once it's In a consist and the lighting isn’t right on it. It probably won’t be that noticeable.