Skip to main content

I picked up my second AF PE set last night.  Due to the fact that I had pre ordered this set three years ago I had thought that my LHS was going out of business before this set was going to be delivered (he is sticking it out one more year) so I have two sets.  The first came from Ro and the berk had an issue with the smoke unit  squealing loudly.  That is at Lionel right now.  The second set - the loco stalls out so often it can not make one smooth loop. Not one.  No passenger cars are on it, I'm also using the after market 72 watt walwort pack. The power leads seem to be intact to the loco.  So...another one goes back.  I am disappointed, I can only imagine how discouraging this would be for someone getting into the hobby if this would have been their first set. 

Ben 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It might work better on AC - I don't care, it came with a DC power supply.  

Lionel's job at this point is to fix it.  I think I should send it to Lionel in the same packing container I sent PE loco number 1 to them in - that is of course, once I get loco number 1 back.  I can start a collection of RA numbers to list on the box when I send them to NC 

Ben 

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.