Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Perhaps I could bash the grade Xing one.  The Lionel pictured is a "railer" used to place stock on the track and works quite well.  Anozira RR is Gragraves, 3 rails stanless steel. 

I am concerned about leading into a 3' high tressle.  Ever have a $400 engine fall 3'?  No?  Does something to your heart when you hear it happen.

Originally Posted by Anozira RR:

Anozira RR is Gragraves, 3 rails stanless steel. I am concerned about leading into a 3' high tressle.  Ever have a $400 engine fall 3'?  No?  Does something to your heart when you hear it happen.

Now I understand what you're looking for....My layout will have my trains spanning my stairwell, 9' above the stair treads. I am already using this on the bridge on our modular club layout. It's Gargraves, stainless steel  GAR102TRESTLE, $8.71 for a 37" piece. You won't be derailing on this!!!

Originally Posted by Anozira RR:

I have tried finding an "0" re-railer track section without any luck at all. .

Me too.  I've been looking for years.  I know I remember one on Daddy's layout in the '50s.  Here's a photo of the Flyer 2 railer, but I can't find a 3 railer.  Who made the 3 railer?  I keep this photo for a pattern to use when I make my own.

Rerailer AF for pattern

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Rerailer AF for pattern

John:

You might want to get a couple of "railers" and integrate the ends into straight sections of track on approaches to the trestle. Additionally, .25" plastic inserts on either side of the center rail with flange clearance would keep equipment safely positioned as it crossed the trestle.

Interestingly enough, we haven't had anything derail approaching any of our bridges at the club. Even my scale-wheeled stuff hasn't had issues with any of the bridges.

I've seen the item Susan posted for HO as well, but not O.

I think Matt has the answer. Make 'em.

I've been toying with the idea to flank my switches with something similar. For no apparent reason I occasionally get a derail on a light car, they would be re-railed automatically with the right pieces added. It would save the breaker popping and me having to crawl under to reach them. My knees don't like the crawling any more.

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.