Skip to main content

JFC454 posted:
cabinet Bob posted:

Now that's a shipping company I've never heard of.. but still I ORDERED.....

That shipping company's containers are a common sight on CSX trains traveling through Syracuse, New York.

That's what I get for living in Iowa. We dont get to see great containers  like this. They will look great on the layout!

C1FF16A0-A1E1-4667-9E14-C5EB0304830283CE73AF-0212-4949-819B-52E670D4D9FE0030F892-F9BD-4130-8D9C-09A1CDA26CB8JFC454 posted:
cabinet Bob posted:

Now that's a shipping company I've never heard of.. but still I ORDERED.....

That shipping company's containers are a common sight on CSX trains traveling through Syracuse, New York.

This is the CSX rose lake I haul out of there a lot just pulled 2 MSC Boxes today  we call them “Med Boxes”  MSC stands for Mediterranean shipping company.  When we mount there containers we have to use a chassis  pacifically for their boxes its called DCL I chassis pool 

Attachments

Images (3)
  • C1FF16A0-A1E1-4667-9E14-C5EB03048302
  • 83CE73AF-0212-4949-819B-52E670D4D9FE
  • 0030F892-F9BD-4130-8D9C-09A1CDA26CB8
Last edited by lee drennen

Bob - MSC, Mediterranean Shipping Company, is actually one of the larger international shipping container companies. I believe they are  second only to Maersk in total volume. Here's a photo I took last month with one of their containers in action. Well, I just picked up my CSX and CN containers on Saturday. It looks like another order is on the horizon!

Rob

P.S, Mark, how are those empty well cars coming along?

IMG_4479

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_4479
Last edited by robmcc
@Menards posted:

If you're a Santa Fe fan, you'll love these new intermodal shipping containers!

O Scale 40-Foot Santa Fe Containers (279-4658, 4659) Shop now!

Thank you,
Mark the Menards Train Guy

Hello, Mark...

I tried to order the Menard's Santa Fe Intermodal containers yesterday,  but I was unable to complete the transaction due to living in California (see attachment for explanation).

Unfortunately, the closest brick and mortar Menard's store is 1200 miles from where I live, so menards.com is my only option for making purchases.

Other online retailers provide the Prop 65 warning, but I've never encountered a transaction cancellation before. Is this an anomaly or will I not be able to purchase any train related products from Menard's?

Thank you, Bill

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Menards Prop65 cancellation
Last edited by Training Wheels

Hello, Mark...

I tried to order the Menard's Santa Fe Intermodal containers yesterday,  but I was unable to complete the transaction due to living in California (see attachment for explanation).

Unfortunately, the closest brick and mortar Menard's store is 1200 miles from where I live, so menards.com is my only option for making purchases.

Other online retailers provide the Prop 65 warning, but I've never encountered a transaction cancellation before. Is this an anomaly or will I not be able to purchase any train related products from Menard's?

Thank you, Bill

Hi Bill,

As I'm sure you are aware, Proposition 65 requires special labeling on items sold to/in the state of California. Unfortunately, items that we've produced before the regulations were not labeled in accordance. Thus, we are unable to sell these to folks in California.

We've made adjustments since and we have an ever-expanding selection of items available for sale to CA but the Intermodal Containers are one of the items missing the Prop 65 warning labels.

Sorry for any frustrations this has caused.

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

Add Reply

OGR Publishing, Inc., 1310 Eastside Centre Ct, Suite 6, Mountain Home, AR 72653
800-980-OGRR (6477)
www.ogaugerr.com

Link copied to your clipboard.